• no you shouldnt

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • depends

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
wondering if washing your hair everyday is bad ? Ive read in some places where they stated it is ok if you sweat a lot but you should keep it to every other day if you can.

Anyone get see a difference between every other day and everyday ? also if you wash your hair every other day, on the days you dont wash your hair do you rinse it with water ? or do you literally not get the hair-wet at all ? ive always washed everyday cause my hair always seemed oily but im willing to try new things ...

also if you use toppik or any other type of concealers isnt it kind of impossible to not wash your hair everyday, seems like it can effect minoxidil absorption ... also if you do use concealers and dont shampoo everyday, do you just wash your hair with water on the days you dont shampoo ?? seems like itd be hard to get it all out without shampoo ....

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Washing hairs everyday depends on your hairs. e.g if your hairs are oily, then you should wash your hairs everyday cuz it may easily caught dirt. it just depends on our hair quality, season, wheather etc.

thank you simar, 1 more question, on days that you dont wash your hair with shampoo or conditioner do you still wet it with water ? is that ok ? or when you dont wash are you not supposed to wet it at all ?

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
thank you simar, 1 more question, on days that you dont wash your hair with shampoo or conditioner do you still wet it with water ? is that ok ? or when you dont wash are you not supposed to wet it at all ?
Wetting hair/washing hair with just water is fine, shampooing hair every single day can strip hair of its natural oils though.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't wash my hair, period. I haven't used shampoo in years.

Let those oils build up bro, it's great for thickness

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shampooing your hair daily has no impact on your hair loss. The only way it would? If you're allergic to the sulfates in the shampoo.... which is rare

I don't know how you couldn't wash your hair daily if you're using minoxidil daily

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Shampooing your hair daily has no impact on your hair loss. The only way it would? If you're allergic to the sulfates in the shampoo.... which is rare

I don't know how you couldn't wash your hair daily if you're using minoxidil daily

This is exactly why im not sure if i should wash my hair every other day or not. I have always washed everyday since using minoxidil twice a day, i assumed shampooing cleans the scalp which i thought was essential prior to using minoxidil, but at the same time if you ever apply a 2nd application you wouldn't shampoo again right before that night time application, right ? Im still torn on what i should do.

Has anyone tried shampooing on weekdays and not on weekends ? would that help

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wetting hair/washing hair with just water is fine, shampooing hair every single day can strip hair of its natural oils though.

do you personally feel this has strengthened your hair ? yesterday for the first time in years i didnt shampoo and just rinsed with water. My hair still felt clean after just water, i was pretty amazed (thought it wouldve felt very oily) i think ima experiment for a month. Ima try to shampoo every other day , rinse every day with water. see if anything changes

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't wash my hair, period. I haven't used shampoo in years.

Let those oils build up bro, it's great for thickness

hmmmm, seems interesting ima try to alternate for now. Do you feel you still get good minoxidil absorption if you use it.

Medina

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hmmmm, seems interesting ima try to alternate for now. Do you feel you still get good minoxidil absorption if you use it.

I'm not on any treatments right now. If I was on minoxidil I would just rub out the toppik with my hands and apply it.

Illusions

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you personally feel this has strengthened your hair ? yesterday for the first time in years i didnt shampoo and just rinsed with water. My hair still felt clean after just water, i was pretty amazed (thought it wouldve felt very oily) i think ima experiment for a month. Ima try to shampoo every other day , rinse every day with water. see if anything changes
I can't say as I've never washed my hair with shampoo every day, I'd imagine it'll strengthen it though as it'll be more healthy and less dry/brittle if not washed every single day

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use shampoo/nizoral once a week, we really don't have to shampoo our hair daily. The weening off process only took a few months, I started skipping a day, then 2 days, and on from there, basically, I just monitored if it started to look greasy and then shampoo it.

You do need to thoroughly wash it water daily though, but I just keep my head under the water during practically the whole shower. I probably wash it a little more thoroughly than I when I used shampoo, maybe.

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry Andy26
But i will not wet my hair if i didn't use shampoo cuz i really don't feel my hairs clean without using shampoo. Shampoo removes dirt from hairs but only water can't clean your hairs. Dirt will still remain.
And i don't prefer to use minoxidil to get healthy dense hair. Instead of that i prefer natural remedies for hairs which are more helpful and had no side effects.

since i use minoxidil twice a day i feel like i have to atleast wash with water, hopefully thats better than shampooing everyday. Ive been reading lately about natural alternatives but haven't tried any yet. do you recommend any? Ive heard of using caster oil, argan oil, coconut oil, and even apple cider vinegar treatments. have you tried any of those? if not what do you recommend ?

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use shampoo/nizoral once a week, we really don't have to shampoo our hair daily. The weening off process only took a few months, I started skipping a day, then 2 days, and on from there, basically, I just monitored if it started to look greasy and then shampoo it.

You do need to thoroughly wash it water daily though, but I just keep my head under the water during practically the whole shower. I probably wash it a little more thoroughly than I when I used shampoo, maybe.

thanks for the input, yea I recently started shampooing every other day and on the off days im going to use water only and see how this works for a while. After that il try two days and so on. il keep yall posted.

BTW has anyone tried REVITA by DS labs ? its supposed to have ketoconozal like nizoral, wondering if anyone has had success with it ?

Rudiger

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
BTW has anyone tried REVITA by DS labs ? its supposed to have ketoconozal like nizoral, wondering if anyone has had success with it ?

I think we'd first have to wonder if anyone has had success with ketoconazole, full stop.

All it does is stop scalp inflammation, which may aid minoxidil or finasteride in maintaining, but keto isn't actively doing anything but preventing dry or inflamed scalp.

Also just with regards to not shampooing, my hair hasn't been this nice and soft in a while, and for someone with diffuse thinning, it appears much denser, this is absolutely vital. With shampooing of course there were soft and dense days too but it wasn't as consistent, especially lets say I was in a warm environment, I found my hair would be sweaty and see through a lot quicker, and stay that way until my next wash.

I also work out so possibly washing my hair twice a day also helps but still, I was doing that with shampoo as well. Also not having to worry about shampoo and conditioner at the gym is so great, because of the amount of tiny little things you do have to worry about.

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we'd first have to wonder if anyone has had success with ketoconazole, full stop.

All it does is stop scalp inflammation, which may aid minoxidil or finasteride in maintaining, but keto isn't actively doing anything but preventing dry or inflamed scalp.

Also just with regards to not shampooing, my hair hasn't been this nice and soft in a while, and for someone with diffuse thinning, it appears much denser, this is absolutely vital. With shampooing of course there were soft and dense days too but it wasn't as consistent, especially lets say I was in a warm environment, I found my hair would be sweaty and see through a lot quicker, and stay that way until my next wash.

I also work out so possibly washing my hair twice a day also helps but still, I was doing that with shampoo as well. Also not having to worry about shampoo and conditioner at the gym is so great, because of the amount of tiny little things you do have to worry about.

great to know, I live in South Florida so its really hot and humid here ALL THE TIME lol, i actually shampooed before everyday, even before hairloss cause my hairs gets too oily. But im sure with time itll get better with less shampoo, only time will tell

Andy26

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hii Andy26

Yeah , i used a mixture of caster oil and coconut oil. It makes your hairs healthy. This mixture is extremely beneficial to hairs . Just apply the mix both oils and warm this mixture. Then massage it in dry hairs and leave it for 2-3 hours or you can apply this at night and leave it overnight. Wash by herbal shampoo in morning.
i have many more natural remedies like this which are actually beneficial.
Good luck Andy26

thanks a lot i will definitely be trying this soon. il let you all know how that goes, i already have the coconut oil lol

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wash my hair every day in the morning with sebamed, which includes piroctone olamine, to prevent minoxidil build up, and my scalp has never felt better. No itch nothing.