Should you use conditioner after Nizoral?

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
As the topic says.

I feel my hair is quite dry after using Nizoral, but I'm reluctant to apply conditioner. I don't know whether the conditioner would work against the Nizoral.

Sean68

Reaction score
nah it makes your hair look better. you can still tell the nizorals done its
job if use conditioner. try it and see.

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
How do you tell if Nizoral has done it's job? The feel of the hair? (it always seems rougher).

GC

Reaction score
I made a thread about this some time ago.

And upon researching ketoconazole, I don't see how any form of conditioner can weaken its effect.

Just buy yourself a mild conditioner and make your own nizoral/conditioner mix.

I've been doing the above for the past few weeks with a mild generic conditioner, 2/3 nizoral 1/3 conditioner.

All the best.

SkylineGTR

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i use a conditioner after nizoral. I dont see why you cant because conditioner is meant to be on the hair not the scalp. Just dont use anything harsh.

Sean68

Reaction score
yeah when it feels like sh*t its done the job! conditioner makes all the
difference though.

god im turning into a woman! :freaked2:

G

use a conditioner. i try to use Nizoral every MWF and I use Nano on Tues Thurs Sat and Sun. I use Dove conditioner every day for 1 minute after shampooing.

lmdavies

Reaction score
I have been using nizoral 2% once a day for six months. I use a spray-in conditioner and it works well.

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
so on a side note... is it bad or good for a diffuse thinner to use conditioner? Does conditioner make you look thinner or nothing at all..what ya'll think?

person_123

Established Member
Reaction score
ang_99: It depends on the conditioner. Some conditioners will add volume to your hair, while others might make your hair very sleek and therefore accentuate your thinning.

everybody: Thanks for your help on this matter, I'll start using conditioner now.

G

ang_99 said:
so on a side note... is it bad or good for a diffuse thinner to use conditioner? Does conditioner make you look thinner or nothing at all..what ya'll think?

it does make your hair look a little thinner since the hair's been untangled, but overall it makes it look a lot better and neater and presentable.