Should We Be More Open To Plastic Surgery?

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I need a nose job myself and a hair transplant. I have an ugly bulbous nose tip. Also, a hair transplant added with a nose job would probably boost me up a PSL point. OP, I say go for it. The eye bag surgery seems legit, though I'd caution on drastic ones like a chin job...

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair transplant in Thailand? You sure that's a good idea?

I could be wrong but I haven't heard of any recommended surgeons from there

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, what a miserable world we live in... I promised to myself I would never come back to this section because I was on the edge of getting BDD. The guy above who wants to correct his overbite ( a flaw that should be as affordable as braces imo) has to pay 20 k dollars lol I mean my parents would never afford all that money and since I'm 18 I would literally have to go through university with an overbite in order to get my dream job and then afford the surgery. JohnsonDG, this is just my opinion and maybe you could argue that I'm still too young and unexperienced to come here and advise you, but why not just live without having constantly to worry about your flaws and stopping comparing yourself to others? I mean those Hollywood celebrities have access to high-quality plastic surgery, they literally get paid to look good and have a team behind them who look after their looks. I just don't understand , yes, being good-looking boosts your self- esteem and people treat you better, and so? If it's a good self-esteem that you' re seeking , there are other ways to achieve it withoug having to spend 10 k dollars. Now I'm not accusing you that you don't have a good self- esteem because as far as I know you' re 30 and have had much more experience with women than me, in fact my experience with women/ girls is zero, non-existent. I'm only telling you , life is much better when you don't give a sh*t about your flaws and stop comparing yourself to others. Good looks are effective in three ways: 1) People treat you better, subconciously and conciously, because of the halo effect; 2) Much more success with women; 3)You can afford doing certain types of jobs such as actor or model. Now number 2 shouldn't be a problem anymore for you and number 3 is bullshit. Every man is born with an unique talent. Brad Pitt's talent is his looks and he exploited that by becoming an actor. I'm sure you also have talents that you can exploit. Now I only want to make a clear distinction here: I don't know how attractive I am but I'm sure I'm neither "below-average" nor particularly good-looking, so I don't know how it feels like to be unattractive or below-average. Maybe it's really much harder than I could ever think of, but what I discussed above is that if you look fine , then stop spending your time thinking about your flaws.

Last edited:

aj218

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been thinking about correcting my slightly off centre nose and the dark circles under my eyes.

My worry is that it won't end there and I'll find myself getting all sorts of procedures cos I'm that insecure.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Do your research and be completely honest with yourself, that's first and foremost. If you start nitpicking on non-obvious flaws you can easily end up barely looking any better (maybe even looking WORSE), being alot poorer and possibly putting yourself at risk (human error, infections, etc etc). This plastic surgery sh*t is no picnic, lots of devious scammer doctors out there too, as with hair transplant. You wont go from ugly to good looking.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man, what a miserable world we live in... I promised to myself I would never come back to this section because I was on the edge of getting BDD. The guy above who wants to correct his overbite ( a flaw that should be as affordable as braces imo) has to pay 20 k dollars lol I mean my parents would never afford all that money and since I'm 18 I would literally have to go through university with an overbite in order to get my dream job and then afford the surgery. JohnsonDG, this is just my opinion and maybe you could argue that I'm still too young and unexperienced to come here and advise you, but why not just live without having constantly to worry about your flaws and stopping comparing yourself to others? I mean those Hollywood celebrities have access to high-quality plastic surgery, they literally get paid to look good and have a team behind them who look after their looks. I just don't understand , yes, being good-looking boosts your self- esteem and people treat you better, and so? If it's a good self-esteem that you' re seeking , there are other ways to achieve it withoug having to spend 10 k dollars. Now I'm not accusing you that you don't have a good self- esteem because as far as I know you' re 30 and have had much more experience with women than me, in fact my experience with women/ girls is zero, non-existent. I'm only telling you , life is much better when you don't give a sh*t about your flaws and stop comparing yourself to others. Good looks are effective in three ways: 1) People treat you better, subconciously and conciously, because of the halo effect; 2) Much more success with women; 3)You can afford doing certain types of jobs such as actor or model. Now number 2 shouldn't be a problem anymore for you and number 3 is bullshit. Every man is born with an unique talent. Brad Pitt's talent is his looks and he exploited that by becoming an actor. I'm sure you also have talents that you can exploit. Now I only want to make a clear distinction here: I don't know how attractive I am but I'm sure I'm neither "below-average" nor particularly good-looking, so I don't know how it feels like to be unattractive or below-average. Maybe it's really much harder than I could ever think of, but what I discussed above is that if you look fine , then stop spending your time thinking about your flaws.
I'm not in constant worry about my appearance and I don't think I ever said that.

I just want to look better and when it doesn't cost that much then why not?

Its definitely worth getting the hair transplant and the eye bag removal.

I admit the jaw surgery is actually a bit excessive and I probably wouldn't actually get it.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not in constant worry about my appearance and I don't think I ever said that.

I just want to look better and when it doesn't cost that much then why not?

Its definitely worth getting the hair transplant and the eye bag removal.

I admit the jaw surgery is actually a bit excessive and I probably wouldn't actually get it.
Well, I've always thought that hairs are a detail lol, that losing them is no big deal, but after reading some of your experiences, I would say that hair loss is not a flaw but a tragedy. I'm actually in favour of a hair transplant, if it's of good quality.

cantara

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I've always thought that hairs are a detail lol, that losing them is no big deal, but after reading some of your experiences, I would say that hair loss is not a flaw but a tragedy. I'm actually in favour of a hair transplant, if it's of good quality.
To me: less than what most here seem to attribute to hairloss, but more than a detail and certainly a disadvantage in as that it can be a deal breaker for very "principled" women. Still not nearly as important as a pretty face which, of course, had better be all the more handsome if you are bald.

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Somebody suggest possible cure for teat trough deformity. Doctor suggestes derma filler but it works only for 8 months and include big chance of complications.
What else can be tried?

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Somebody suggest possible cure for teat trough deformity. Doctor suggestes derma filler but it works only for 8 months and include big chance of complications.
What else can be tried?

A slightly different approach to filler technique:

https://drkotlus.com/tear-trough/

I'm a believer in conservative approach to plastic surgery. In my case, I've watched my nose and ears become larger over the decades and will probably get those corrected in next year or so. Then full face lift when I hit 70.
Oh boy.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
A slightly different approach to filler technique:

https://drkotlus.com/tear-trough/

I'm a believer in conservative approach to plastic surgery. In my case, I've watched my nose and ears become larger over the decades and will probably get those corrected in next year or so. Then full face lift when I hit 70.
Oh boy.
The problem with fillers is you need constant touch ups every year.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he goes from wouldn't f*** to would f*** for most over 30 women and I guess that's all that matters.

My reasons are more because I want to optimize myself to the highest level.

You're actually considering plastic surgery? Why would you do that?

There are identical twins, who had surgery to look like Brad Pitt.

Now they look like they have EXTRA CHROMOSONES!

Seriously, why?

It's not like you don't get pussy. Lots of Asian pussy, for that matter.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're actually considering plastic surgery? Why would you do that?

There are identical twins, who had surgery to look like Brad Pitt.

Now they look like they have EXTRA CHROMOSONES!

Seriously, why?

It's not like you don't get pussy. Lots of Asian pussy, for that matter.
Hair transplant is self explanatory.

Removing the bags under your eyes is logical.

The chin surgery would be maybe a step to far - after researching it I think its a bad call for me.

Fkdup

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem with fillers is you need constant touch ups every year.
Exactly. Also the fear of bacteria film risk I very high in this area.
What Is your opinion abt treating deep tear trough deformity?

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm roughly at the 1 year mark of my Invisalign treatment. It's ongoing, as my orthodontist is a perfectionist and decided to be greedy, which I'm fine with. Once I'm done I'll get whatever whitening treatment is available.

The total cost will be ~US$ 6,000. Does it improve my looks? Yes. Does it give the best bang for the buck for that kind of money? That's very difficult to say, that would require incredible knowledge and judgment. Aside from looking better, my teeth are also better aligned which means they're less likely to grind out into oblivion as I get older.

Teeth are definitely much more important in North America. I noticed when I got to Australia that wildly crooked and yellow teeth were very common, even among educated people. In North America, it's the norm for middle class teenagers to get braces for a few years. A friend of mine from England was also told by her dentist, prior to moving to the USA, that she should get cosmetic treatments prior to moving here, as the standards here are higher. It's just expected. Since beauty is relative, having bad teeth becomes a catastrophe. It also matters more for online dating, which is mostly about how attractive your face is in photos.

Here's a good before and after photo, she looks awful in the before-photo and passable in the after-photo:
BA_02_0.jpg

Here's another:
02.png

There's speculation online that good teeth are attractive because they're an indicator of good bone health. I don't know if that's true, I think that they're a subconscious signifier of social class. Either way, it's valuable, and those of you who live in North America should definitely consider Invisalign. It's non-invasive and it works.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think we should be more open to cosmetic surgery simply because it can vastly improve your life.

Of course, some people go overboard, like that weird girl who wants to be a “real life barbie doll”. (Google it)

In most cases, surgery is all about removing some major flaw, And they are a little risky. So I think it’s best for people who need it ether than those who simply want it. It needs a solid risk,cost,benefit analysis.

barfacan

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I'm roughly at the 1 year mark of my Invisalign treatment. It's ongoing, as my orthodontist is a perfectionist and decided to be greedy, which I'm fine with. Once I'm done I'll get whatever whitening treatment is available.

The total cost will be ~US$ 6,000. Does it improve my looks? Yes. Does it give the best bang for the buck for that kind of money? That's very difficult to say, that would require incredible knowledge and judgment. Aside from looking better, my teeth are also better aligned which means they're less likely to grind out into oblivion as I get older.

Teeth are definitely much more important in North America. I noticed when I got to Australia that wildly crooked and yellow teeth were very common, even among educated people. In North America, it's the norm for middle class teenagers to get braces for a few years. A friend of mine from England was also told by her dentist, prior to moving to the USA, that she should get cosmetic treatments prior to moving here, as the standards here are higher. It's just expected. Since beauty is relative, having bad teeth becomes a catastrophe. It also matters more for online dating, which is mostly about how attractive your face is in photos.

Here's a good before and after photo, she looks awful in the before-photo and passable in the after-photo:
View attachment 84828
Here's another:
View attachment 84829

There's speculation online that good teeth are attractive because they're an indicator of good bone health. I don't know if that's true, I think that they're a subconscious signifier of social class. Either way, it's valuable, and those of you who live in North America should definitely consider Invisalign. It's non-invasive and it works.

Read Weston Prices' work. Good teeth are an overall indicator of proper health brought on by a traditional ("healthy") diet and lifestyle. This also include wide arches and healthy facial structure. Once they introduced a more refined, westernized diet to those savages, they noticed a complete regression of those health indicators.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Read Weston Prices' work. Good teeth are an overall indicator of proper health brought on by a traditional ("healthy") diet and lifestyle. This also include wide arches and healthy facial structure. Once they introduced a more refined, westernized diet to those savages, they noticed a complete regression of those health indicators.

Yeah, ... no.

Paleolithic men actually had awful teeth
https://www.npr.org/sections/thesal...o-diet-wasnt-so-hot-for-ancient-hunters-teeth

Here's a photo of a man from an Amazon tribe that recently made first contact:
Amazon-tribe-645190.jpg

In general, I recommend being very skeptical of internet claims that this or that tribe, prior to contact with the west, had perfect health, no diseases, consume a vegan diet, have no word for anger, practice idyllic polyamory, live as a matriarchy, etc. This happens a lot, it is virtually always refuted and it merely reflects the ideological biases of many people who work in anthropology.