Should I Use Rogaine (minoxidil) Or Not?

will.A_2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
hi, I’m 18 years old and my hairline has been receding since I was 15. It’s still fairly early and not that noticble unless I brush my hair back. It’s also starting to look thinner on top. I’ve been told Rogaine doesn’t work in the hairline, but would it work at just preventing any more hair loss. Also how likely is it of getting negative side effects like erectile dysfunction. Finally are there any other things I can do, bare in mind I’m still in college and won’t be able to afford a transplant
Thank you

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try minoxidil, it worked for me in the past, but you should try to add small doses of dht blocker like finasteride. The hard truth is minoxidil is useless without a dht blocker. It happened to me before, minoxidil made me grew thick hair but as soon as dht caught up with it, minoxidil became just like water that I kept spraying and it stopped working from then on. Once I took finasteride and continue minoxidil, right there I got major results

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can try minoxidil, it worked for me in the past, but you should try to add small doses of dht blocker like finasteride. The hard truth is minoxidil is useless without a dht blocker. It happened to me before, minoxidil made me grew thick hair but as soon as dht caught up with it, minoxidil became just like water that I kept spraying and it stopped working from then on. Once I took finasteride and continue minoxidil, right there I got major results

motivating comment lol. im getting finasteride soon and I hope my hair thickens a bit

will.A_2018

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, we’re there any negative side effects. Issues like erectile dysfunction have been mentioned. We’re there any issues when taking roagaine or finasterise ?

joeblack2017

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you, we’re there any negative side effects. Issues like erectile dysfunction have been mentioned. We’re there any issues when taking roagaine or finasterise ?

No sides with minoxidil anymore coz I've been using it for 3 years, but it made me shed for about 6 weeks before it stopped and give results. With finas, I got random ball ache, lost all morning boners, and low libido in the first week or 2, but after 2 months of relilgiously taking it, it all went away for me. No more ball ache, libido is normal and I'm having morning boners. All the best

CBY76

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are too young for finasteride. If early stages of hairloss then just given minoxidil a go, along with nizoral or regenpure. It is not a long term sole solution but will help for a while. Ultimately you will need something like finasteride but try to stay away from it at such a young age. minoxidil does help with the hairline.