Should I Use Foam Or Liquid minoxidil? How Badly Alcohol minoxidil Irritates Skin?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i've been on finasteride for a year. It didnt do anything for me.
Now its slick bald destiny or minoxidil for me apparently.
Can anybody here advise based on experience which brand and which type minoxidil should i begin with liquid/foam?
Do i start to make applications twice daily or i can do them only once?

jazz1

Reaction score

Androgenic Alpaca

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So i've been on finasteride for a year. It didnt do anything for me.
Now its slick bald destiny or minoxidil for me apparently.
Can anybody here advise based on experience which brand and which type minoxidil should i begin with liquid/foam?
Do i start to make applications twice daily or i can do them only once?

Did you continue to lose hair while on finasteride? I think its more important to find a treatment that stops the cause of androgenic alopecia than adding growth stimulants like minoxidil. Though obviously you should also add minoxidil since it will likely help. Attack it from both sides at once.

Anyway, I use liquid minoxidil solution because its cheaper and also because I can use it to dissolve other compounds to use topically. I will say that it dries out my scalp like crazy, gives me dandruff, and leaves my hair looking wet/greasy for hours after application. Also it causes my scalp to itch nonstop. I've learned to ignore that.

Paulito9x9

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's really individual. Some people can't tolerate minoxidil at all. I for example have no skin irritation from it at all. That being said, I feel like the foam makes styling your hair afterwards easier.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I vastly preferred the foam when i was using topical minoxidil, i was useless at applying liquid. They stopped making the foam i really liked so i just continued with oral on its own.