Should I tell my girlfriend I'm concerned about my hair loss

ComeOnPropy

Established Member
Reaction score
It takes alot more confidence in yourself to admit you have a problem then to hide it.
I know this only applies to me but i told my girlfriend straight up that i had a problem with losing my hair. She laughed at me and called me crazy as i am probably in the NW2.5 zone and have longer hair so only i and probably forum members would be the only people to notice.
She was cool with it completely and thought it was cool that i didnt want to lose my hair and fought it, she knows i spend x amount per month on Finasteride, minoxidil and Nizoral.

Once again this is only from my own personal experience but just thought i would share.

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
its more than welcome proppy! you guys both sound lucky to have lovely partners, make sure you appreciate them! :)

I would agree thom, it is relative, but i think there is a world of difference between confessing a vulnerability, hiding it and addressing it at an appropriate time.

Im not saying avoid it per se, just if it comes up, ie, if i had been using minoxidil and living with her, i wouldnt hide it.

I guess context is everything, if she is staying round regular or living with you its best to have it out, if you are still in the early days and can get away without bringing it up i say no need to rock the applecart!

What did you decide in the end paulgreer?!

s.a.f

Reaction score
As I keep trying to tell people on here women are all individuals some would think you're a pu55y or vain others would think the vulnerability was cute or not be bothered. Only this guy knows his girlfreind well enough (or he should).

Man in Space

Experienced Member
Reaction score
saf no offense dude but i have plenty of experience with women. In my experience its never 'helped' to share insecurities, yes in plenty of instances it hasnt hurt and of course every woman will react differently, my point is simply why rock the boat until it comes up naturally? dont avoid it, if shes staying round and you gotta do your stuff, just say, or if shes talking about hair for some other reason sure, why not say your worried about it and taking meds, my simple point is dont go out of your way to bring it up. When you do explain how you feel, dont make out like its destroying your life etc all that kind of stuff.

Of course, you could sit at the end of the bed crying and she still might love you and not care in the slightest, my point is, be as cool as you can and you are giving yourself maximum chance that you come out of it well.