Should I Take The Buzz Cut Way Out? (pics)

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I'm soon to 26 yo, I've been on finasteride for a few months.

The issue is: I have a somewhat long hair routine, and it can look bad after a long a day out.
I'm considering buzzing it to worry a bit less, what do you think? I'm afraid it'll look much worse.

What would you do in my place?
Please, be honest. If there's something to be said I need to hear it.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2017-04-21 at 19.29.13 (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-04-21 at 19.29.13 (1).jpeg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,041
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-04-21 at 19.29.13 (2).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-04-21 at 19.29.13 (2).jpeg
    153.4 KB · Views: 1,005
  • WhatsApp Image 2017-04-21 at 19.29.13.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2017-04-21 at 19.29.13.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 1,045

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello, I'm soon to 26 yo, I've been on finasteride for a few months.

The issue is: I have a somewhat long hair routine, and it can look bad after a long a day out.
I'm considering buzzing it to worry a bit less, what do you think? I'm afraid it'll look much worse.

What would you do in my place?
In your case I wouldn't, unless you're visibly balding in the crown. Though if it gives you better peace of mind not obsessing over your hair, it helps. That's why I did it. Your hair isn't at the just shave it bro stage.

Balding curse

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks good, I recomment to keep it, you can trim down the top and front hair a little bit I think it would look good.

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your hair looks good, I recomment to keep it, you can trim down the top and front hair a little bit I think it would look good.
It would look gappy.
Yesterday I was hanging with my friends and I said that I was thinking about buzzing my hair because of baldness, and my friend (he has clean shaved head) said "nah mate, your hair looks fine, you're not on that stage yet". Then I showed them my temples and they were like "WTF I didn't even know you were balding".
So I guess I do a great job on hiding it (this affects me as well, I don't wanna live hiding, it can get embarrassing someday).

today I had a BIG surprise. I went to my dad's bathroom and I found a MINOXIDIL bottle. My dad is almost full bald (he's 50 tbh) and I never knew he cared about it. I don't know if I should talk about it with him...

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your hair looks good..as a woman I would not think you had any hair issues.

For your own comfort can't you find a style that is in-between this and buzz cut?

I would start another thread if you don't get a lot of responses, specifically asking advice on a hair styles/cuts.
I know some members are very good at advising on hairstyles to one another.
You don't need to buzz.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
today I had a BIG surprise. I went to my dad's bathroom and I found a MINOXIDIL bottle. My dad is almost full bald (he's 50 tbh) and I never knew he cared about it. I don't know if I should talk about it with him...

i would suggest talking to him. He may have some advice

Are you on finasteride and minoxidil?

TylerDurdenn

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
U should do ur sides really short, like 3 mm and maybe 3-4cm at top.. Looks like you have thick hair on the sides so it would work. Search tom hardy and taboo

slipgod

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think your hair looks good..as a woman I would not think you had any hair issues.

For your own comfort can't you find a style that is in-between this and buzz cut?

I would start another thread if you don't get a lot of responses, specifically asking advice on a hair styles/cuts.
I know some members are very good at advising on hairstyles to one another.
You don't need to buzz.

Thanks a lot. Yes, I really need the length, else the thinning gets noticeable.
I'm on finasteride.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm on finasteride.

I am woman so i cant take finasteride but minoxidil worked well for me. I use rogaine foam it does not effect hair--if anything it gives it a little body at the roots. (i put it in after hair is dry I don't know if that matters or not)

g.i joey

Reaction score
I'm on finasteride.

dont do it brah, im pretty much at the same stage as you, if not thinner. my hair looks whispy if i let the front grow that long, so i fade the sides .5 fading into a 1 and keep the front longer but not as long as yours, works wonders.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

After looking at the picture of your hairline, don't do it. It's less receded than my hairline, but
enough that it will show.

When I buzzed my hair it looked terrible. My triangular hairline couldn't be hidden.

Dante92

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would look gappy.
Yesterday I was hanging with my friends and I said that I was thinking about buzzing my hair because of baldness, and my friend (he has clean shaved head) said "nah mate, your hair looks fine, you're not on that stage yet". Then I showed them my temples and they were like "WTF I didn't even know you were balding".

Very stupid move. Like, incredibly stupid. Almost plain retarded.

growssj3

Established Member
Reaction score
To be honest. I heard finasteride ruining hairlines very often and yes I thought the sams in my case, took in 9 month my hairline was destroyed, then I dropped it. And it was just the same sh*t ...

Its a negative period i am 99% sure finasterid is not the reason.

I have never seen a picture of a thick hairline and on 6 month finasteride it was gone