Should I Switch To Finasteride From Dutasteride, Or Stay?

DatLad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is dutasteride really that superior? Wouldn't using something like 5mg of finasteride produce similiar results? I am really concerned since Dutasteride inhibits 5-ar1 which is found in the brain or whatever, and is twice as expensive as 5mg of Finasteride.

Would using Finasteride be safer? Or would both inhibit certain neurosteroids? Would finasteride yield slower results?

I'm fuqqin lost tbh

tdma

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are currently on dutasteride and are tolerating it well, I would not switch.
Dutasteride does a better job at inhibiting the production of DHT, which in theory yields better results.
Most people take finasteride because it is FDA approved for hair loss and more studied, and in theory has less side effects (because you are supressing less DHT). If you have side effects you could try switching to something like 0.5 mg/day finasteride.

DatLad

My Regimen
Reaction score
howz duta treating you? is it working for you?
Pretty good so far. Only been less than a week so no regrowth obviously, but existing hair did thicken up quite a bit bringing my right temple from a thin nw2 to something like 1.5, making it almost the same before male pattern baldness kicked in. My left temple is still a shitty Nw2 though.

Don't think I'm experiencing any bad side effects apart from watery semen, nausea after taking the pill and some diarrhea. Libido seems fine as I still jerk off way too much. What's interesting is that me and including a few people from forums seem to experience more detailed/vivid dreams. Idk what's up with that. I also seem calmer for some reason.

Last edited:

DatLad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So now we are getting thick hair after just 1 week?
I guess?

1st pic is of my right temple something like 3 months ago, second one is what it looks now. No regrowth but I think what happened is that the thinning hair on my hairline regained color..?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180708-182625.jpg
    Screenshot_20180708-182625.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 302
  • Snapchat-1820833951.jpg
    Snapchat-1820833951.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 307

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good luck.

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't feel anything wrong then why switch? I've been on dutasteride full-time for a few months now. Feel completely fine. Only thing I worry about is my liver, but that gets abused anyway.

DatLad

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you don't feel anything wrong then why switch? I've been on dutasteride full-time for a few months now. Feel completely fine. Only thing I worry about is my liver, but that gets abused anyway.
Have you noticed any increased water retention? I took baseline pics of my face just in case and I noticed that the past 2 days I lost definition in my face. Idk wether thats a direct effect of low DHT or higher estrogen

reyl

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is dutasteride really that superior? Wouldn't using something like 5mg of finasteride produce similiar results? I am really concerned since Dutasteride inhibits 5-ar1 which is found in the brain or whatever, and is twice as expensive as 5mg of Finasteride.

Would using Finasteride be safer? Or would both inhibit certain neurosteroids? Would finasteride yield slower results?

I'm fuqqin lost tbh
Isn't generic dutasteride pretty cheap?

shadowcast

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have you noticed any increased water retention? I took baseline pics of my face just in case and I noticed that the past 2 days I lost definition in my face. Idk wether thats a direct effect of low DHT or higher estrogen

No. Nothing about my face or body has changed.

Beowulf

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I guess?

1st pic is of my right temple something like 3 months ago, second one is what it looks now. No regrowth but I think what happened is that the thinning hair on my hairline regained color..?

It's hard to see, but yeah I guess things do look a little better?