Should I Switch From 2% To 5% Or No ?

axel71524

My Regimen
Reaction score
good evening
I come to you because I will like your advice or opinion for my case.
A month ago, my dermatologist told me that I have androgenetic alopecia, and that I am at the beginning of stage 1 (nw1), and he prescribed me finasteride, vitamins in the form of capsules and minoxidil 2% (6 sprays a day and 6 sprays at night), yes 2%, I asked him why 2%? will that be enough for me? because I read on the net that 2% is for women while 5% for men, his answer was that 2% is enough for me and he fears 5% side effects like increased hair in the skull or other places like the back of the ear, forehead etc. I believed in him and started my treatment.

It's been a month since the start of treatment, my bottle of minoxidil 2% is coming to an end and I start asking myself a few questions, because I do not see any improvement, I see a dozen hairs (I do not have be careful if they are thin or thick) that sometimes fall, I do not know if it is the shedding effect of minoxidil or the 2% is not enough for me.

I do not know what to do, should I stay on the 2% for the rest of this year? or switch to the 5%? because I fear these side effects of the development of the hair in other places, and personally if it touches the place of the beard it is not a problem but if it starts to touch other places of my face like the forehead or well my ears, it's going to bother me.