Should I stopp Nizoral?

dm222

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm using Nizoral 2%, since we only have 2% here in europe, for 1 month and half and althought it seems to be preventing some hair loss I just can't tolerate it.
After using it my face turns red and burns all day, my dandruff increases 10000% and my scalp totally itchs. Anyone has the same problem?
I'm also using a shampoo with piroctone olamine (Nivea Men), and I'm considering stopping nizoral and only use piroctone olamine... Maybe nizoral is doing more harm than benefit. Any advices?

Thank you

zzzzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
nizoral isn't that important as a hair loss treatment (its extremely weak) so its no real loss to stop it

You should try finasteride if you have male pattern baldness

David.G

Established Member
Reaction score
Nizoral is harsh on hair and scalp. Don't use it everyday. I use it twice a week. Other days I just use a conditioner. You can try something less irritating like regenpure DR but it costs more. What I do to soothe the irritation is mix olive oil/castor oil and rub it all over my scalp. I leave it on for an hour and then wash it off. I do this maybe 2-3 times a week and the flakes/dry scalp is gone. Try it. You can use virgin olive oil by itself if you have that.