Should I Stop Minoxidil And What Are The Implications?

Janbret

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been using Minoxidil 5% (Kirkland foam) for around 2 years - once a day, regularly, all over the top. I think I've "missed" around 10 days in total during that time.
I've been loosing hair since 24, and started the treatment at the age of 29. I've been loosing it all over - started on the crown, then temples and and in the center. Currently I have thin hair left on my head, I can barley style it up - yet it still exists.
I was never sure about the results. At the end of the first year, I was under the impression that the minoxi may have stopped the hair loss in some sort.
In the past few months I started noticing a worsening in my overall thickness, major thinning areas begin to form (this also could have been a long process that I just noticed it when it really became apparent), and it seems that every time that I rub the minoxi, I have a bunch of hairs in my hand. Even when I try to softly rub it in with extra caution not to pull out hairs - this still happens.

So I started thinking - overall, my hair did not got better but worse over the time I've been using minoxi. this is the bottom line. It's also a bother to the application routine, and my hair style looks like sh*t with the minoxi on it (hairs sticking to each other, and my thinning hair looks even thinner). A
I'm considering stopping it and may turn to natural solutions, but I'm worried that even what I have left on my head will fall too.
What do you think? do you have any experience with this process?

p.s. tried propecia in the past for around half a year (before the minoxi), no results and terrible sexual side effect that I believe I still carry to this very day

MissingPixels

My Regimen
Reaction score
From my understanding minoxidil doesn't stop working, your underlying DHT issue just gets worse.

If finasteride is not an option I would suggest trying nizoral and increasing your minoxidil usage to the recommended twice a day. While I do not have personal experience with derma rolling (yet) that could also be a worthwhile natural solution to look into.