-Should i start with finasteride?

pw1981

Reaction score
PA110002.jpgPA110003.jpgPA110004.jpgPA110006.jpgPA110009.jpg

-i'm using minoxidil 5% + antiadrogeni twice a day
- nizoral 3-4 times a week
- 300 mg saw palmetto a day

i'm 33 years old.

i don't know if i should start fina because of the side effects.
i'm going to take blood test. i'm pretty vegetarian.
i'm very stressful and anxious.

i've started two weeks ago with a LED casco with 300 diodi...

bernie12345b

Reaction score
Think twice b4 taking finasteride my hair was just like yours.but not until taking finasteride two months ago now I'm shedding like a cat bcz of it

knox777

Reaction score
Looks like you've caught it early, well done. I'd let some more experienced members post here though before you make your decision. Have you been to a doctor?

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I am going to be honest with you. If you want to do something to try to reverse your hair loss then you really need to consider taking finasteride. I am sure you have read your fair share of internet horror stories, but I would say don't let a bunch of random guys on the internet make your decision for you. Read the clinical data and talk to your doctor and then make an educated decision. It is totally up to you. If you don't want to risk the small chance of sides then accept the fact that you will continue to go bald. Who knows you might look bad ***. If you decide to take it accept that although unlikely you may be in the small minority that may get sides.

BTW, I am 38 and have been on it for over a year. Had the mild ball ache early on, since then nothing.

viet nom nom

Established Member
Reaction score
38 too. Three months, dick works just fine. I wish I had gone on it a lot sooner.

pw1981

Reaction score
P3230062.jpgP3230063.jpgP3230064.jpgP3230065.jpgP3230066.jpgP3230067.jpg

It's getting worse and worse. Vertex is going very very bad. I noticed some week ago that the shedding has almost stopped. But i can't see any new growth.
Im not sure in starting taking finasteride. I suffer of anxiety and depression.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you could/should start finasteride.

templerecess

Established Member
Reaction score
You seem to be hesitant to start finasteride because you're not "bald enough" yet. That's a common mistake HairLossTalk.com members make. For sure, you have a nice head of hair as is. It thinning a little bit, but the common person wouldn't notice. I say jump on it now. For comparison purposes, my hair is just about as long as yours (on top). I've been on Finasteride for almost 3 months. A lot of people tell me I'm not "bald enough" yet. Just start. You won't regret it.

My pics

20150323_184435.jpg20150323_184459.jpg

Notcoolanymore

Reaction score
I don't really notice your hair being worse.

pw1981

Reaction score
My dermatologist said i don't need finsteride. Anyway i decided to start taking 0.5 mg any day. He also said that even if i take finasteride, i won't have any improvement because my situation is not bad. Is he right?

bram1988

Reaction score
My dermatologist said i don't need finsteride. Anyway i decided to start taking 0.5 mg any day. He also said that even if i take finasteride, i won't have any improvement because my situation is not bad. Is he right?

Well the entire comment of your dermatologist is wrong. Your base level is not that interesting, besides the sooner the better. You don't take Finasteride to see much improvement(although we all hope to see it). You should take it with the idea it will help you maintain what you have got. only the lucky few get significant regrowth.

So the argument that you don't need it, because you still got loads of hair is kinda invalid. If hair loss starts, it's going to continue untill you are bald(maybe it takes 60 years, maybe 3, but you'll get there) and Finasteride could stop this or delay this. I wish i started as soon as i lost my first hair, maybe i'd still be able to style my hair the way i want to. I have doubted this decision for months as well, i haven't seen any real results since i started using it and still i'm happy i made the decision. Cause now i know i'm doing all i can and i hope it will start giving results soon. This gives me some rest.

You mention you have suffer of anxiety and depression. Don't get to psyched up about possible sides. I'm pretty sure most of it is psychological. Maybe talk about it with your doctor or a shrink to feel a little more confident about it. No use to start with Finasteride if you think you gonna stress yourself right into the side-effects.

pw1981

Reaction score
P6210074.jpgP6210075.jpgP6210076.jpgP6210077.jpgP6210078.jpgP6210085.jpgP6210083.jpgP6210080.jpg

I think it's getting worse and worse. So why my dermatologist can't see that i need finasteride? I don't really know.

Now my regimen is
Minoxidil 5% + antiandrogens (since 2011)
FInasteride 0.5 mg (since 06/2015)
LLLT cap every 2 days (since 09/2014)
Nizoral 3 times a week

Is it enough? I'm afraid i can't improve, because minoxidil doesn't work at all on me.
Should i start with Avodart or RU?

Kevlon

Reaction score
Sorry I don't see you having any Hairloss at all I mean look at your last picture you have a full head of hair bro! But if you think it's that worse and you have male pattern baldness history' in your family taking finasteride to prevent is maybe no bad idea. Don't stress yourself too much

pw1981

Reaction score
Sorry I don't see you having any Hairloss at all I mean look at your last picture you have a full head of hair bro! But if you think it's that worse and you have male pattern baldness history' in your family taking finasteride to prevent is maybe no bad idea. Don't stress yourself too much

Are you serious?!!!!! Look at the vertex, it's going f****d up...

xREJUVx

Reaction score
sure hop on finasteride! but remember finasteride will make things worse before it gets better, just have to ride that wave out, but you'll get even better results from your minoxidil, because finasteride+minoxidil boost each other's effects! best of luck!

pw1981

Reaction score
P7010093_zpskejxob3z.jpgP7010095_zpsk3jolott.jpgP7010101_zps3ibuyi2m.jpgP7010105_zpsmgxwki8e.jpgP7010110_zpsemk6ozmk.jpgP7010111_zpshvburhh8.jpg

I've started with finasteride 3 weeks ago. Is it possible to see a regrowth in one year? My dermatologist said no. Vertex is going worse and worse.
I would like to try with Ru, but is too expensive for me now. I'm very worried