Should I start taking Propecia? (pics)

tissotti

Reaction score
So what do you think? Should I start taking propecia?
I'm 24 years old, soon 25 and still on the very edge of getting or not getting propecia. I have prescription ready, that the doctor wasn't overly happy to write it to me. Only reason I have not gone for it yet is the price that's around 230 euros for 3 months (that's quite a bit for uni student) and the possible side effects. Simply don't want to go for something so heavy before I'm sure. At the same I do want to start using it as early as possible.
I have no thinning elsewhere, only on the crown.

Chipman222

Reaction score
The amount of times I've heard people on finasteride say they wish they started sooner. There's really nothing to be gained by waiting if you already know you're going to be taking it at some point (it sounds like you've made you're mind up)

tissotti

Reaction score
The amount of times I've heard people on finasteride say they wish they started sooner. There's really nothing to be gained by waiting if you already know you're going to be taking it at some point (it sounds like you've made you're mind up)

I guess it comes quite apparent that I'm just looking for the final justification. :) Dropped 240 euros today for 3 months worth of Propecia.

I'll open thread somewhere here on how it has helped, or not.

Bad

Established Member
Reaction score
240 euros?! Where do you live? Is it gold encrusted or something?...

rogerackroyd

Reaction score
I live in Finland too and got a prescription for Orion Finasteride 5mg and I cut them into four pieces. One package lasts 400 days and costs me 32 euros. You should ask your doctor to prescribe you 5mg tablets and not the high-priced Propecia.

tissotti

Reaction score
240 euros?! Where do you live? Is it gold encrusted or something?...

Finland. I wish it was gold encrusted.

I live in Finland too and got a prescription for Orion Finasteride 5mg and I cut them into four pieces. One package lasts 400 days and costs me 32 euros. You should ask your doctor to prescribe you 5mg tablets and not the high-priced Propecia.

That's my plan after using this for 6 months.