Should I start taking precautions? And what Norwood am I?

I'monly16helpme

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm 16 years and 9 months old. What Norwood am I? Also my temple area is completely fine with no thinning whatsoever. Please help me out

Attachments

• Snapchat-225081875.jpg
    Snapchat-225081875.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 168

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks. Can you please suggest me what precautions should i take?
Given your age, of course you should see a doctor. You have an atypical situation in that only the temples and the hair in front of the ears have been affected so far for the most part. But what is concerning is that little chunk more towards the center that has disappeared. That type of loss from my observations usually continues whereas others can have a maturing hairline stabilize on its own.

I would start off with a blue dandruff shampoo and Nizoral one percent, which is another kind of dandruff shampoo and if that doesn't help, then I would consider starting rogaine. One you are finished growing, you can consider finasteride but since it is a hormonal med, that is a much bigger decision than using minoxidil which should be your next step after the dandruff shampoos if not already.

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes that's what i meant. My crown area is perfect as of yet. What worries me is my temple area
We are on the same page. In general, your type of hair loss is the "best" to have because the rest of your hair all looks really nice. Diffuse thinners and people with early male pattern baldness often have a frizziness that degrades all of their hair. Now look at the hair below the temples but in front of your ears. This area has probably receded slightly which isn't a huge deal but keep an eye on that because it is easy to forget that part of the scalp over to the sideburns.

The other thing that is better about your hair loss is that you are probably a really good candidate for transplants. I don't recommend them but it's nice knowing you have the option. What makes you such a good candidate if it continues, is that 95 percent of the rest of your hair is fine so you will have lots of donor area but right now you just want to halt progress at least. Given your age, you have a good chance of regrowing some of that loss and I rarely say that to other guys.

Last edited:

jazz1

Reaction score
I would see a dermatologist, maybe you could temporarily use a good shampoo like Regenepure DR and hair oils.

Bora

My Regimen
Reaction score
It seems like you are Norwood 1.75. Not 2 yet, sometimes Norwood assumptions depend on your density and forehead as well. You can start using ketokonazol, maybe minoxidil, dermaroller and scalp massage. That's all you can do