Should i start minoxidil? Is it worth it?

Hairbackpls

Reaction score
Title says it all. Should i start minoxidil and is it worth it?

I've read lots of horror stories about minoxidil tho so im not sure should i use it or not. Wrinkles, dark eyes, hairloss, itching, dry scalp, flaking etc... and its ment to be used on crown area. Not in temples where im receding :/
Also what bothers me is that many guys stop using minoxidil after a while. why is that?

At the moment im using 1,25 finasteride (gefina) but im going to change to dutasteride since finasteride isnt working.

Need opinions :)

hair8.jpg

rogerackroyd

Reaction score
It's definitely worth it when using also finasteride/dutasteride, especially if you keep your hair that short. Easy to apply and doesn't look messy. There seems to be no bald spots so you should be able to thicken those temples.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, use Minoxidil for hair regrowth. You can use Minoxidil on your temple areas where the recession is and even all over on the top of your scalp. It says by the manufacturers that Minoxidil is to only be used on the crown because that's how the clinical trials were done, so they can only legally claim that it works just for that area and that it may not work anywhere else.

The thing is, Minoxidil is Minoxidil. It will help make hair grow anywhere to where it's applied on the skin as long as hair follicles are present, not only on the crown area. Many men stop using Minoxidil topically because they don't want to continue with the application twice everyday since it gets old really fast doing that. And don't let the horror stories let you at least from trying Minoxidil. It won't hurt to try.

You may want to consider trying Dutasteride if Finasteride hasn't been working for you.

Hairbackpls

Reaction score
THanks for answers and responses! And yes Agustin im considering starting dutasteride soon.

Still got one questions: Is it okay to have couple days brakes form minoxidil? like 3 days to 1 week when on holiday or soemthing?

Masakage

Reaction score
Yes you should start minoxidil. Those hairs can prosper well on the medication, as they still are there, I wish if I caught my temples when they were receding :(

Well, I don't think stopping it for a couple of days would be a big problem in halting it, it's just better if you keep using it consistently for the best results. Remember though, when you stop using it for long periods of time (3-4 months) your hair will return to where it is now.

rogerackroyd

Reaction score
I correct my last post: after getting a haircut two days ago, I can definitely say that while I have new thin hair on temples, I have receded even more after starting minoxidil couple months ago. When my hair was longer I thought my temples were better but now the temple points are almost invisible. I have been on finasteride last 3,5 years and added dutasteride 0.5mg eod late August, now I have been taking 0.5mg daily for the last 2 weeks and plan to stay on 0.5mg daily dose. Diffuse thinning and vertex loss have also worsen since starting dutasteride. Finasteride didn't seem to work for me at all since I wasn't really balding when I started it September 2011 but now I have thinned all over and can't really have any hairstyles. Sorry about telling the whole life story, but I would think carefully before starting minoxidil.