Should I Start Finasteride? M27 With Receding Temples?

Siiderihai91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! think my left temple is running away? I've pretty much always had a high hairline but am I going bald now? Found some older pics from 2014 when I had a short spiky haircut for comparison.

I have to see a derm for accutane next week and I was wondering if I should ask for finasteride too? Optimized-IMG_20181011_230823.jpg

I don't think I could handle being bald so I want to fight this if possible. I'm kinda scared of the possible side effects though.
Optimized-asad2.jpg Optimized-asdad.jpg Optimized-asdd4.jpg Optimized-asdsd3.jpg Optimized-asdasd5.jpg Optimized-asdasd6.jpg

Sseoud86

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! think my left temple is running away? I've pretty much always had a high hairline but am I going bald now? Found some older pics from 2014 when I had a short spiky haircut for comparison.

I have to see a derm for accutane next week and I was wondering if I should ask for finasteride too? View attachment 101524

I don't think I could handle being bald so I want to fight this if possible. I'm kinda scared of the possible side effects though.
View attachment 101511 View attachment 101512 View attachment 101513 View attachment 101515 View attachment 101517 View attachment 101518

You could do finasteride for maintenance and possible regrowth....stay away from accutane....search all the hairloss topics about it.

Siiderihai91

My Regimen
Reaction score
You could do finasteride for maintenance and possible regrowth....stay away from accutane....search all the hairloss topics about it.
I've gone through like 6 accutane treatments so it's a bit too late for me. I might need to start finasteride then.

BuffaloBuck

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally don't like Finasteride. I took it for 3 months and it was all good at first but then I got some rather serious depression from it. It alters your DHT levels and it seems some of us actually "need" those hormones to feel good. There are some other pretty nasty side effects to consider that you have a high risk of getting.

I know your temples are starting to show, but until you start to have thinning behind that recession, I think you should look for new ways to style it.

Siiderihai91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I personally don't like Finasteride. I took it for 3 months and it was all good at first but then I got some rather serious depression from it. It alters your DHT levels and it seems some of us actually "need" those hormones to feel good. There are some other pretty nasty side effects to consider that you have a high risk of getting.

I know your temples are starting to show, but until you start to have thinning behind that recession, I think you should look for new ways to style it.

I'm already trying to conceal it with my hairstyle but I'm really freaking out about balding. I can't make bald work with my babyface so I would probably just stay at home 24/7.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll probably ask for the prescription next week. Is it possible that this is just maturing hairline and it's gonna stop there though?

I don't know man, I don't really believe in mature hairlines tbh. but you should honestly try to save it, otherwise, you can leave it be and when it gets worse u can get a hairpiece

Siiderihai91

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know man, I don't really believe in mature hairlines tbh. but you should honestly try to save it, otherwise, you can leave it be and when it gets worse u can get a hairpiece
Hairpiece isn't really an option for me. I'm probably gonna start finasteride next week. Is it bad if I take 1.25mg (quarter of a 5mg pill)?