Should I Start 5% Foam? - Propecia User

Meddller

Reaction score
I just received a 3 month supply of foam. I have been on Propecia for about 6 years and it's been pretty good (a little bit of thinning but all and all it's kept the hairs on my head). The hair on my head is still a decent amount, a little thin throughout but it could be worse. I do want to go on Rogaine foam because a little thickening is all I need. That said, the last thing I want is the foam to cause more hair loss. Should I be worried? Do most people respond? Can foam do more harm than good? Can the foam hurt what Propecia has kept? Can I be worse off than I am now?
I need all the advice and help I can get. I have been reading posts on this forum for a while now and I appreciate all the help out there. I know the basics......must go on foam for over a year to see true results, some shedding will occour, apply twice a day.

Thanks

ShedMaster

Reaction score
If the foam does cause more loss, then it will almost certainly be temporarily. I think you have nothing to loose if you wish to start as the foam is the great invention in quite some time for us poor balding bastards :) Convenience is outstanding with the new foam.

Meddller

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. So you think if the foam causes more hairloss it will come back once I stop? How long does shedding occur? Can shedding be a good sign?

klink

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I say go on the foam. I was a 5 year finasteride guy, and saw very little regrowth. I've seen a lot of regrowth since I added 2% nizoral shampoo and twice-daily applications of foam.