Should I quit Rogaine?

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
So I've been using Rogaine for the past three months and so far have had next to no positive results. Granted, there was a period of two weeks where I didnt use it (curse you HairLossTalk.com and your slow shipment speeds) but other than that I have been pretty good with my applications. Honestly, I think it has done more bad than good as the infamous side effect that actually causes more hair loss has, in my opinion, been pretty rampant.

Fortunately I've been applying Rogaine only to my temple area and been using Revivogen on the rest of my scalp. Revivogen, knock on wood, has actually been working pretty well. Where as a few months ago I would loose at least 50 hairs every time I showered now I am down to about 10. Which is how much pretty everyone generally loses, right? This admittedly slight improvement has had an amazing effect on my self esteem and outlook so I am definitely going to continue it.

Anyways, what does everyone think? Should I stop Rogaine or give it some more time?

palgato

Reaction score
I don't know how you describe a big shedding if you have applied minoxidil just in your temple.When quitting minoxidil allegedly you're going to lose just the hair that grew with minoxidil, but is uncertain, some people have told lose even more. I depends on your norwood scale, in my opinion minoxidil always should be the last resource. Revivogen has some good reviews, based on some real cases, but is still not quite popular.

Results of minoxidil last longer to be noticieable, I'd say at least 6 months. But if you are comfortable and think you still have enough hair, stop minoxidil and retake it when no other option work.

bye