Should I Quit Minoxidil And Dutasteride Forever?

DOM9

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m on 2mg dutasteride, 3ml minoxidil x2 every day the past 1,5 years. Started propecia 2014 then switched to dutasteride in 2017. This costs me about 150$/month

1. My hair looks decent now but I havn’t had a sex drive this year AT ALL. I never think about sex anymore.
2. I also feel very depressed, can’t find enjoyment in anything anymore. I used to like playing games, talking to people, watching movies. I have no interest in that anymore.
3. I also like bodybuilding and always dreamed about doing anabolic steroid cycles, but I never started since I was worried about becoming bald. I’m 6 foot 5 and would really like focusing more on bodybuilding/athlete (basketball)
4. Minoxidil makes my hair really greasy and I read that it decreases collagen—> old skin
5. I always wanted black hair (I have light brown) but I can’t dye my hair or it will damage it. I also avoid the sun because it makes the hair lighter so I’d look blonde

I honestly have stopped caring what people think about me. Before I cared a lot but I realised it’s meaningless. I can’t continue to suffer from all these side effects. Even if I had a supermodel face I don’t even have an interest in girls anymore.

I’m thinking about QUITTING dutasteride, minoxidil. If I do this I will lose my hair. I can always get a high-quality wig if I wanted which would look even better than my original hair + I wouldn’t keep having these complications from the hair meds.

What do you guys think? I regret even starting finasteride/dutasteride/minoxidil. Wasted so much money and minoxidil probably aged my skin a lot and makes my hair really greasy.

Charlie Foxtrot

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That’s horrible man, no one should have to live with sides like that everyday!

Have you looked for psychological help for your depression?

And well, if you’re sure the sexual sides and depression come from using an antiandrogen like duta or fina, it’s time to quit the drug. However, don’t underestimate the power of your brain and the effect balding can have on your mental well being.

I’m not saying it’s like that, since the more obvious reason is you’re suffering from sides due to the meds you’re on. But I think the psychological side of this all might be a bit forgotten sometimes. Balding can bring serious problems to someones mental well being and with the depression and desperation that can come with it, some tend to suffer from a low sex drive.

If you’re sure the meds are impacting your body in a negative way, I would quit. Good luck on deciding what to do!

Charlie