Should I Move Onto Something Stronger Than Finasteride?

josh7000

Established Member
Reaction score
and you would still say your hair would be worse if you weren't on finasteride, would you say your hairloss would be worse without it?

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
and you would still say your hair would be worse if you weren't on finasteride, would you say your hairloss would be worse without it?
Yea my hair was much worse before finasteride
Before:
IMG_5023.JPG

After:
IMG_8802.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4841.JPG
    IMG_4841.JPG
    89.9 KB · Views: 178

g.i joey

Reaction score
Fkk man that's solid regrowth from finasteride alone, if I were you I would've disregarded shedding on finasteride and focused on the better hair quality. Maybe you don't even need dutasteride?

I just can't be sold on the 5ar1 expression in the brain... that's the only reason I'm not considering dutasteride.

josh7000

Established Member
Reaction score
It'd be cool to see a comparison between finasteride and dutasteride too, or even before, finasteride, then dutasteride

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Solid results man. Once again, I really don't think that dutasteride does much more than finasteride considering they both pretty much wipe out the 5AR2 that is the cause of male pattern baldness and is really useless for males after puberty. I think dutasteride works quicker because it takes a little more time for finasteride to build up in the system. Both are very effective despite what some people say on this forum.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Solid results man. Once again, I really don't think that dutasteride does much more than finasteride considering they both pretty much wipe out the 5AR2 that is the cause of male pattern baldness and is really useless for males after puberty. I think dutasteride works quicker because it takes a little more time for finasteride to build up in the system. Both are very effective despite what some people say on this forum.

5 ar 2 isnt useless after puberty. DHT does have different uses its a bit simplistic to say almost anything as complicated as a hormone has no use.

cyrusthegreat@hotmail.com

Established Member
Reaction score
5 ar 2 isnt useless after puberty. DHT does have different uses its a bit simplistic to say almost anything as complicated as a hormone has no use.

Also, 5ar2 has roles in functions outside of dht production like in Bile component production and production of brain chems controlling anxiety and depression response. Studies have also suggested that 5ars, including type 2, support neurogenesis in the central nervous system, brain.

Last edited:

jetlife1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I understand that there are other roles for 5AR2 for males at birth and throughout puberty. At least finasteride doesn't inhibit all DHT, but only the DHT from the androgen receptor that is believed to be a major cause of male pattern baldness. I was under the impression that 5AR1 was found in the nervous system, not 5AR2. I also find it comforting that there are humans who live with 5AR2 deficiency without any health problems and do not lose their hair.

horunger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OP, give it 2 more months max, if its still bad just quit and let nature run its course. However i think you could at least give dutasteride a chance, most users dont get bad sides, and if you do just quit.