Should I Just Rock My Hairline Or Nah

Itiswhatitis

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so I’m about a Norwood 2.5 and have been for about 6-7 years. I’m not sure if it has got any worse over the last 7 years if it has, i can’t even tell when comparing pictures to 2012 (I’ve been taking hairline pics since then). My hairline is in a V shape and always has been, as opposed to the U shaped Norwood 2.5. My hairline is similar to Justin Theroux. I’m at a point where I’m almost 30 and I’m so tired of trying to hide my temples. My hairstyle covers my receding, but it just make my hair look like sh*t. I’m trying to decide if I should just rock is combed to the side like Justin Theroux and just show it, and stop giving a f$&@. Any thoughts? I’m so over this bullshit, it’s been way too long of thinking about it ever single day. I’m at a point where I just want to forget it. If it gets really bad just buzz down to a #1? What do you guys think? Serious

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so I’m about a Norwood 2.5 and have been for about 6-7 years. I’m not sure if it has got any worse over the last 7 years if it has, i can’t even tell when comparing pictures to 2012 (I’ve been taking hairline pics since then). My hairline is in a V shape and always has been, as opposed to the U shaped Norwood 2.5. My hairline is similar to Justin Theroux. I’m at a point where I’m almost 30 and I’m so tired of trying to hide my temples. My hairstyle covers my receding, but it just make my hair look like sh*t. I’m trying to decide if I should just rock is combed to the side like Justin Theroux and just show it, and stop giving a f$&@. Any thoughts? I’m so over this bullshit, it’s been way too long of thinking about it ever single day. I’m at a point where I just want to forget it. If it gets really bad just buzz down to a #1? What do you guys think? Serious

hair transplant to fill in temples?

recedingornot87

My Regimen
Reaction score
If the rest of your hair is thick like justin thoroux's then just rock it. Im sure it looks great.

AlexJay80

My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2.5 is fine - nothing wrong with it at all. It's just a mature hairline. As long as you're not thinning at the vertex, who gives a sh*t. Contrary to what Alphalete has said, you've not got a shitty hairline at Norwood 2.5.

Also, juvenile hairlines look really f*****g weird on guys 30 or over so don't have a transplant to give you weird paedo hair.

Word of advice - buzzing to a 1 all over can make you look more bald particularly if you're at the early stages of male pattern loss (Norwood 3V). Only buzz if you're hair is fucked and yours isn't.

random phone charger

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2.5 is fine - nothing wrong with it at all. It's just a mature hairline. As long as you're not thinning at the vertex, who gives a sh*t. Contrary to what Alphalete has said, you've not got a shitty hairline at Norwood 2.5.

Also, juvenile hairlines look really f*****g weird on guys 30 or over so don't have a transplant to give you weird paedo hair.

Word of advice - buzzing to a 1 all over can make you look more bald particularly if you're at the early stages of male pattern loss (Norwood 3V). Only buzz if you're hair is fucked and yours isn't.
Wait. I'm a NW2, so buzzing your hair gives the illusion of extensive baldness? Wow, I was freaking out because I buzzed & it looked terrible in the front; like a NW3v.

AlexJay80

My Regimen
Reaction score
@random phone charger - Buzzing is a bad idea particularly if your hair loss is only slight. It makes the situation look far worse than it is and if you're thinning anywhere, it'll show.

The only people who should really buzz are guys with extensive hair loss i.e. Norwood 4 and above. At this level, it's impossible to hide baldness and any attempts to do, look very desperate.