Should I Go For A hair transplant ? (photos Inside)

bariwi19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello people,

i've been reading a lot of threads over here, and now I guess i gained confidence in the forum I will ask my questions. But before I will give u general info:

Hair type: fine
Density where I have hair: average
Problem: receding hairline (4A I guess) - Photos below

I live in Canada, and finally decided to take care of my hair. I started using Rogaine (recently) to gain a bit more thickness, but I am considering to do a hair transplant at Dr.Rahal's clinic. I might lose more hair in the crown (density is a bit below average) but I want to go very conservative in my approach as I think I might need another one when I get older (especially if I don't take care of my hair like I used to).

What are your thoughts of getting a hair transplant. I consulted Dr Rahal in person and he drew me a conservative hairline that matches my hair density (upon my request). So we concluded that he will use around 1300 GRAFTS (FUE) to do a touch-up/hair transplant.

1- What are your general thoughts and are my expectations reasonable?
2- Any feedback about Dr.Rahal ? I sent some photos to Dr.Hasson&Wong (without details about my expectations), the clinic recommended me not to get a hair transplant: "Your final pattern of loss is aggressive and your donor reserves are limited. It would not be in your interest in their opinion to have a procedure".

Photos below: taken before and after shaving (so it might look longer on some photos).
Photo #4 is what we agreed on Dr.Rahal and I.

Thank you !

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 439
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 421
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 422
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 421
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 419
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 413

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he is right you could probably just about get away with 1300 grafts but you will need to address your hair loss as you don't want it to get worse. Are you taking any meds?

bariwi19

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think he is right you could probably just about get away with 1300 grafts but you will need to address your hair loss as you don't want it to get worse. Are you taking any meds?

Yes i started usimg Rogaine 2 weeks ago, and I will probably have PRP with my procedure. He suggested Finasteride also, but I won't take the risk of taking it. Im still young and a bit worried about its side effects. So im gonna stick to Rogaine and PRP.

Thank you

thetdog666

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes i started usimg Rogaine 2 weeks ago, and I will probably have PRP with my procedure. He suggested Finasteride also, but I won't take the risk of taking it. Im still young and a bit worried about its side effects. So im gonna stick to Rogaine and PRP.

Thank you
Your destined for doom without taking a 5ar ( finasteride). If you aint willing to try finasteride i wouldnt waste money on a transplant

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Thank you
I think you should at least try it maybe by mico dosing first. Just split a 1mg pill in to 4 quarters and take one a day, its nearly as effective as taking the full dose. 90% of people don't get sides so its worth trying it and saving what you have got as if you have a transplant and then start losing the crown area it will end up looking a little odd.

bariwi19

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies, I think as a first step, I will continue my Rogaine (foam) treatment (which I just started 2 weeks ago) and I will consider PRP sessions to boost the growth/"re"-growth. I don't really have a complex with having a receding hairline, I always used to have a large forehead since I was young. Moreover, I will continue to shave my hair at very short length since it doesn't look nice on me otherwise (whether I have a full hair or not).
I was losing my hair for the last 3-4 years, so I still have hopes to regain some of the lost hairs (I can see very very thin and short hair when I zoom into my scalp).

;) ;)

hova82

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you all for the replies, I think as a first step, I will continue my Rogaine (foam) treatment (which I just started 2 weeks ago) and I will consider PRP sessions to boost the growth/"re"-growth. I don't really have a complex with having a receding hairline, I always used to have a large forehead since I was young. Moreover, I will continue to shave my hair at very short length since it doesn't look nice on me otherwise (whether I have a full hair or not).
I was losing my hair for the last 3-4 years, so I still have hopes to regain some of the lost hairs (I can see very very thin and short hair when I zoom into my scalp).

;) ;)

Too be honest man, Romaine isn't going to do a thing for you. Get on Propecia (Finasteride) asap and keep what you have. If you can stop the hair loss and stabilize for a couple years you could have a successful hair transplant. Rogaine will not stop your hair from falling out. My biggest regret is I did not take Finasteride 10 years ago instead of 5. Do not make the same mistake... Rogaine may or may not help you thicken up your hair but there will be nothing left to thicken if you don't take meds. We all do and it's okay for you to as well.