Should I Go Back To minoxidil Or Wait It Out?

deported

Reaction score
Started the big 3 about 6 months ago. Halted the hair loss, filled in the top nicely. Then my dermatologist said I only need to stay on finasteride/nizoral so I quit minoxidil (5% foam) after 2-2.5 months (also was making my face look a bit older).

Fast forward to 6 months, Im now shedding the front like crazy (only in the front). Im talking 20 hairs falling out with just sliding my hand through my hair, 50-100 when shampooing. I attached some images - everything in the front receded/diffused within the last month.

Looking around, it sounds less of my body reacting to finasteride and it being a "good shed", and more of the hair dying off because it's no longer getting minoxidil.

I know everyones hair reacts differently, but should I get back on minoxidil and save what I have? Or should I stay off of it and see if finasteride will take care of it? Also, would getting back on minoxidil cause an even bigger shed?
qU7ih

Sokubo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Absolutely get back on Minoxidil, you can and should take it with Finasteride. The reason why the hairs are falling is because of the lack of minoxidil. Get back on it, and in the near future everything should likely be restored to normal, plus your gains from Finasteride.