Should I go back on Minoxidil?

SimpsonKnight

Reaction score
So I started using Rogaine back in April and applied it twice daily to my temple regions. About a month and a half in I had to take a 2 week break because the delivery time was much longer than I expected it to be. Then I used it till mid-June and stopped again because I really didnt notice any improvement, just lots of shedding. Now I am thinking that maybe I should go back on Rogaine? I keep reading so many good things about it on this site. I dont know... I realize that the shedding is a common side effect but how long until the positive effects kick in?

I also use Revivogen which works but I want more of a kick because I dont think its potent enough by itself.

Basically any advice at all about any of this would be greatly appreciated.

PS. I dont exactly what stage I am at on the Norwood scale but I have had pretty heavy hair loss in the temple area and some hair loss at the top of the head and the crown.

PPS. I took Propecia for a bit and stopped because of the side effects. Dont really wanna go back.

Philly78

Reaction score
Hey, i took finasteride for a year and stopped because of sides. It wasn't for me. That was back in 2006-2007. Between then and now, i didn't really do much besides Nioxin shampoo and laser comb (what a waste of money!). Things got worse and 2 months ago i decided to get on rogaine foam and nizoral 2%.

I had a shed for a good 3 weeks. I use Nizoral atleast 4 or 5 times a week. If i don't do 4 or 5 applications a week, the itching is coming back and my scalp gets oily. (DHT?)

With nizoral and minoxidil, the "tingling and itching" is completely gone, hope it is a good sign that it is actually working. I can't really tell, at this point, if i'll get regrowth or not. I'm in my mid 30's and been losing hair since i'm 27 years old. My temples are gone but what i'm worried is my vertex/crown!! It's still there (thinning on top but from behind you can't tell i'm balding....yet)

It's the last roll of the dice for me. If rogaine doesn't work, i'll have to shave my head before i'm 40. All i want is a ~10 years break on minoxidil! :p

Btw, no sides from minoxidil. *crossed fingers*

Good luck!