Should I Go Ahead And Start Propecia? (pics Included)

Scottie957

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm debating if I should start Propecia/finasteride now. The side effects and horror stories here scare me (the shedding, watery semen, skin redness, and especially gyno).

I'm about to turn 29. Male Pattern baldness does run in my family. Thyroid issues run in my family as well (not sure if that matters). I had some bloodwork done a few months ago and my Thyroid looks fine. I didn't see anything about DHT levels. But I saw that my Testosterone was around 350, and the recommended range was between 300-1000, so I look to be on the lower end. I also still suffer from light acne (but maybe due to a bad habit of picking at my face). Let me know if any other info will help.

Here is a comparison from two years ago to now. You can kind of use the freckle as a point of reference in my left temple (in the right side of the photo):

April 2018:

11-greasy-jpg.jpg

Today:

7.jpg

Here are more photos of my hairline now:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

If older photos will help, here's an old thread where I was monitoring my hairloss two years ago which includes photos from my past:

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...g-is-it-really-hair-loss.113465/#post-1654239

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
do not listen to any freaks who advise you finasteride, take spironolactone and get your hairline!

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
f*** go schmuck

Lmao still haven't learned english freak? Take your gender changing cult ideologies elsewhere leave this kids and normal people alone dumb f***, and get a life while your at it also

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
while you have bald eggs, you won’t stop it, only spironolactone works, it is advisable to take with estradiol. I took everything that is possible, but only spironolactone works in men as it should.

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
while you have bald eggs, you won’t stop it, only spironolactone works, it is advisable to take with estradiol. I took everything that is possible, but only spironolactone works in men as it should.
okay so you have your hairline, boobs, no muscle, ed, more fat? taking finasteride is fine. never ever do what this lunatic is suggesting, by taking female hormones

Yar

My Regimen
Reaction score
okay so you have your hairline, boobs, no muscle, ed, more fat? taking finasteride is fine. never ever do what this lunatic is suggesting, by taking female hormones
I mean, so as not to poison yourself with finasteride, this does not work! Only spironolactone!

JohnSmith21

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I mean, so as not to poison yourself with finasteride, this does not work! Only spironolactone!
finasteride isn’t poison . it lowers dht . it has 1% chance of sides . all sides go away when u stop. been on it for a year, kept hair, no sides. you are a typical insane person on these forums

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride isn’t poison . it lowers dht . it has 1% chance of sides . all sides go away when u stop. been on it for a year, kept hair, no sides. you are a typical insane person on these forums

1%? Lmao.