Should I Go Ahead And Have A Transplant Or Not?

BrianP

Established Member
Reaction score
A little background:
28 male
Started balding at 18 and a half, until then i had a juvenile hairline (nw0 id say) and i was a Norwood 1 by 20 years old, which is when i started finasteride and minoxidil

8 years later and im significantly thinner on top and hairline is almost a Norwood 3 (Norwood 2.75 id say)

i have wanted a FUE transplant for so long and i have scheduled (8 months waiting list) a surgery with the best doctor in my country, which is very expensive.

my question is to you people with experience, now that my dream is right around the corner im having second thoughts, but not because i dont want to have the procedure or money at all.

My only concern is that i keep thinking that once a transplant is done, all the dormant hair follicules where the transplanted hairs are put will die forever.

So what if i do this procedure and in 5 years or 10 years they have a new miracle drug or procedure that can make any balding man reverse to a juvenile hairline forever? Since the FUE killed my dormant hair follicules i wont ever be able to recover those hairs and neither the hairs extracted from the donor area.

Considering my only concern, do u guys think i should go ahead or my fears might come true and i will regret it?
I m VERY unhappy with my hair and i REALLY want a nw1 dense packed hairline, which is what i look foward to in my FUE

thank you

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are experimental treatments that you can use to bring back your hairs, but there is not going to be any single drug on the market in the next ten years that can bring back follicles that have been gone for almost ten years. Only hair multiplication will be able to do that, or a kitchen sink approach with experimental drugs that will never get FDA approval. Get your hair transplant now and be happy. Whenever hair multiplication comes along you can probably rebuild the density of your donor region.

karatekid

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Your concern is definitely stupid. If this is your only concern you can just forget about it and go get a transplant.