Should I Get Another Transplant Or Wait | HairLossTalk Forums

Should I Get Another Transplant Or Wait

Discussion in 'Hair Transplants Information - General Discussions' started by SM672, Oct 28, 2018.

1. SM672

SM672 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I started losing my hair when I was 18 and had my first transplant at the age of 21, I was initially supposed to get 4000 grafts through FUT but due to the tightness in my scalp I could only get around 2300 grafts which I knew were not enough. Its been almost six years since I had my transplant and I am considering a second one now. After my first transplant everything seemed to be going well and I was quite happy with my results eight month post op. Around that time I noticed some of my hairs getting longer and thicker but as time went on around 50% of the transplanted hairs stopped growing and are now extremely thin and fine. I choose one of the best surgeons for FUT but did not get the results I had hoped for at the time. I am considering going back to the same clinic for my transplant but so far I am unsure if it is a good idea. Every result I have seen from them has been really good so I guess I might have been unlucky that day. The other options I have are to go with Hasson and Wong or Dr Erdogan or I can just wait. I have been on propecia for the past year so the hair loss has stopped although the lost hair has not grown back. I am considering prp as well but am not sure about its effectiveness. Any advice would be helpful

Hairistanbul likes this.
  2. WasAGinger

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    It is not a good idea.
    Your scalp + graft combo clearly is not suitable for a transplant.
    Why would the second time be better?
    Remember what Einstein (supposedly) said: doing the same things over and over and hoping you get different results is for fools.

3. SM672

SM672 New Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I have been quoted 4000 grafts using a combination of FUT and FUE (3000 FUT and 1000 FUE) which should provide decent coverage. I honestly don't know why most clinics can obtain over 3000 grafts through FUT after my first procedure only yielded 2300. I have had in person consultations so they haven't just looked at my pictures. The only reason for my uncertainty is because the transplanted grafts did not all grow out