Should I do a Blood Test to get baseline figures before I start Finasteride?

Dave11

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am looking to start topical finasteride treatment soon but I know this can have a negative impact on DHT and Testosterone which I want to keep a eye on and thought it would be a good idea to get some baseline readings before I start treatment. This would allow me to compare any changes in a few months down the line to baseline figures just to see what impact (if any) this might have. There are test kits I can order online using medichecks but I’m wondering if anyone can help add to what I want to check? I am thinking DHT testosterone, free testosterone, prolactin and PSA. Is there anything else that would be beneficial? Thanks

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am looking to start topical finasteride treatment soon but I know this can have a negative impact on DHT and Testosterone which I want to keep a eye on and thought it would be a good idea to get some baseline readings before I start treatment. This would allow me to compare any changes in a few months down the line to baseline figures just to see what impact (if any) this might have. There are test kits I can order online using medichecks but I’m wondering if anyone can help add to what I want to check? I am thinking DHT testosterone, free testosterone, prolactin and PSA. Is there anything else that would be beneficial? Thanks

Yes that is a great idea. If you can, try and get the test done in person and then only in the morning. You should also do a Estradiol test. PSA and prolactin are probably unncessary.

Where are you getting your topical finasteride from? Dose?