Should I Consider Minoxidil For This?

Johnny3543

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey what's going on guys,

So basically around 6 months ago, a small circle of hair fell out right behind my hairline during a shower. I noticed it right away as I am someone who looks at my hair closely. I figured that it would just grow back, but after 7 months that spot is smooth as butter! Its a pretty small spot, so it is easy to cover up when my hair is a bit longer, but it still bothers me knowing that its there. Other than this spot, my hair is still full (and the spot hasn't expanded). I am considering using some liquid minoxidil to try and re-activate these hair follicles, but I had a few questions about it.

1. If the minoxidil does manage to grow these hairs back, will I have to keep using it to maintain these hairs?
2. I've heard that minoxidil causes shedding in the first couple months or so. Will this happen to most hairs that I accidentally drop some of the liquid onto? This is kind of a dumb question but I'm slightly worried that I'll end up temporarily expanding the spot by getting the liquid on my hairs that are perfectly healthy.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
can you post pics?

1. Yes you will need to keep using minoxidil to keep the gains you made
2. Shedding usually lasts a few weeks, it may results in a deterioration of your bald spot but it will grow back.

Without pics though it's hard to give advice though.