Should I Combine Avodart With spironolactone (at Low Dosage) ?

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ive been on dutasteride 0.5mg for about 4 months and 1mg for 1.5 months and my hairloss is very agressive since 17. I want something to recover my temples to an Norwood 1.5 stage (tried minoxidil it's not as effective as I hoped it to be) should I start spironolactone at 50 or 100mg dosage ? What can I combine with dutasteride to possibly recover my temples without risking muscle loss ?

helloimhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bicalutamide? I just started this at 25mg daily as you know and have no side effects yet. At the moment I'm also looking into Oral Minoxidil so there could be that. Personally I found the side effects of Spironolactone to be too severe.. I had to go to the bathroom a lot.

SaitamaSensei

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to avoid oral minoxidil sicne it can lead to increase in body hair I dont want that. I'll look into spironolactone.

helloimhere

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to avoid oral minoxidil sicne it can lead to increase in body hair I dont want that. I'll look into spironolactone.
Sorry if this question is personal, but how can an increase in body hair be a bad thing? Can't you just shave it if you don't want hair there? Personally I think having more body hair is a small price to pay for having more hair on my head.