Should I change from Kirkland minoxidil to foam early on?

G

I'm just wondering... I started the liquid minoxidil again in late April, so I've used it for about 3 weeks. No shedding (well I shed to some extent about a week ago, but the hairs were all short, thin and lacking pigment), and the scalp doesn't feel any worse than it did before I started. I still got 3 months supply of Kirkland 5% left and bought 2 months supply of Rogaine foam since everyone has praised it so much. The question is, should I use the Kirkland I have left 1st or switch to foam straight on? Anyone has any knowledge about this? I've also thought about using the foam at morning and liquid at evening 4 hrs before shampooing, would that be wise? Are the 2 products similar enough?

I also would like to get some views on Folligen spray (or tricomin, isn't it basically the same thing). Does it make the scalp feel better and can it actually trigger regrowth?

scottie311

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say just keep using the foam if you enjoy it better while keeping your old minoxidil as backup just in case. Otherwise just dump your old minoxidil in the trash and take the loss.

G

scottie311 said:
I would say just keep using the foam if you enjoy it better while keeping your old minoxidil as backup just in case. Otherwise just dump your old minoxidil in the trash and take the loss.

The thing is, I haven't even tried the foam yet. Here's some scary stories about liquid users changing to foam, so I'm hesitating a bit. Though I gotta admit that the liquid makes my hair look like sh*t in the morning.

roki

Experienced Member
Reaction score
i was in your place before and what i did at first was just foam and kept the liquid as back up, but then as it was running out and i didnt want to make another order so soon i just strted using the liquid every once in a while at night and then every night, now i still have another 2 bottels of liquid left but im not using this crap anymore, its just no worth it.

beaner

Reaction score
Brokenwall said:
frankly im more worried about being seen buying the foam by someone i know :p

That's what the internet and self checkout lanes are for.

G

I'm gonna use the foam on the top and liquid on the crown, that's also a good way to compare their effectiviness a bit. Thanks for the answers!