Should I be as scared as Iam?

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all. A few days ago I started on my second bottle of Propecia. I haven't noticed any improvement or side effects yet but I know that isn't supposed to occur normally until around the 3rd month.Everyday I come here and read these posts about guys starting to get gyno, and they're fine for a few mts and it seems like finasteride is helping them and then one day suddenly it all reverses and they're in trouble and their hair is falling out worse then before and all this other stuff. Quite frankly, I'm scared to death as to what is going to happen to me. My hair loss isn't too, too bad yet, my recession around my temples seems to get slowly worse, I've been wearing my hair in a pony tail a few times lately and I've got good compliments from it and you can't tell really at all that I have a prob which I guess is a good thing that if I have my hair pulled back and it's not terribly noticeable, but I decided to get on finasteride for maintenance reasons. I figured if i get on it now, and hoping this stuff can work for a year or two maybe it'll buy me some time until they finally come out with something, or if worse comes to worse I can get hair restoration to fill in what's bad and what will go bad in my temples. However the past month or so, even though I haven't noticed anymore fall out then normal maybe even less to a small point my hair has got thinnner, how that is possible when Im not losing anymore then I was before I got on finasteride is beyond me I'm thinking maybe in someway that has something to do with it, I don't know what else to think. As I said I really am almost terrified at what is going to happen to me in a few mts with this, as I said it's not bad now and I'm thinking that I'm less then a month and a half into it I can stop without any probs from it, so I don't know if I should stop now and maybe get back on it in a few mts or what ,as I said it doesn't look too too bad now, if you look at me either when I wear my hair down or in a tail you can't really tell I have a prob unless you're right in my face and examining the front of my hair but of course I can tell because I'm constantly looking at it, but I don't know what to do. The only thing I've been doing now even thought I didn't want to get on finasteride in the first place is try to be as optimistic about this, keep telling myself it's not bad now and since it's not you have to be a good responder to this and this is the best thing you can do, I tell myself that everytime I take a pill, but my paranoia and worry has really got the best of me and I really don't know what to do now. Well I just needed to vent mostly and get this off my chest. Thanks for reading.

Rage

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello.. you wouldn't mind putting some paragraphs into your post would you? Its very hard to read..

People seem to freak out when the hair falls.. but seem to forget they grow back. If this wasn't true.. everyone would be bald and stay bald by the time they're one!

Chris23

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes, you're right. However if it ALL grew back there would be no reason for us to be here or to have the concerns about Propecia because we wouldn't need to take it. I think most see hair fall out and try to ignore it but it gets so extreme after awhile you can't help but look and start to count , etc. at least thats how I'm starting to get unfortunately.

Axon

Reaction score
Two options:

1. Say f*** it and take the treatments.

2. Accept it and shave your head.

Both require a degree of balls.

c

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same position as you at the moment, with the same concerns. It seems there is simply no guarantee with results and it seems to be different for almost everyone who takes the stuff.

I take propecia now IN HOPE that it will slow down my hair loss...it has given me a better peace of mind to know that at least im doing something about it. Im sort of in denial about the negative effetcs that may occur, and just hope for the best. I don't want to shave my head (really dont want to), but don't want to loose more hair and don't even want to take the stupid pills. So why do i take them? I guess for the peace of mind that i feel for now and if any thing does goes wrong down the track i guess i'll just have to deal with it when it happens....It's a f#*KED philosophy but it works for the moment. :?

Really wish you the best of luck.