should i add minoxidil. 6 months on finasteride? Maybe 1x day better?

eentity

Reaction score
hey guys.....i've been on finasteride for 6 months now, and i'm not sure if it's working at all for me yet. I've never seen any major shedding and definitely no regrowth yet, but i think i might actually be worse off. Mainly in the temple aread and the small triangular spikes by my ears that used to jet out towards my eyes. Those are gone now. Never did have them big but now they are completely gone!!??

so anyhow i'm afraid to use minoxidil for it's shedding, but maybe if i only do it 1x day it'll work out ok without too much shedding?....help me out guys...thanks!!

E

under20

Established Member
Reaction score
hey

I know wut ur going thru. I into my 6th month on finasteride and havent seen anything yet. I still shed over 200 hairs a day in the shower, but that not cause of finasteride, that wut i was shedding b4 treatment. Most people here will telll u to wait a year b4 starting anything else. WHich i agree is a good idea cause alot of people see the effects of finasteride from months 8-12. But if ur looking for major regrowth i would add minoxidil because more than likely finasteride aint gonna give u that. In my case I have decided to add minoxidil but only to the front areas of my hairline and temple where I want major growth. U know that area of hair that jets towards the eyes u were talking about? Well i never really had those, i just had super thin hairs there that u couldnt see unless u were up close, I put minoxidil on them once a day and they are now thick black hairs. Im gonna wait a year b4 i add minoxidil to the top of my head and crown because im hoping finasteride can take care of that. So basically its all about what u want, if u want major growth i would add minoxidil. But dont stress about ur hair just yet because ur only half way thru your 1 year period on finasteride which gives u alot of time to see results.

Heres some pics of wut im talkin about

b4 minoxidil
b4minox.jpg

now
5monthrighttemple.jpg

eentity

Reaction score
hey thanks for the good advice.

Your results look really good from using minoxidil. I don't have the same hairline as you, and i've never had very much jet out towards my eyes, but i know i used to have more hairs there only 6 months ago. I mean now the little bit i used to have has totally changed into little thin hairs you can barely see.

So i'm going to try what you do and just put minoxidil once a day there. You had really good results, maybe i can be as lucky.

BTW....you don't look like you have much thinning going on though. Are you sure you have male pattern baldness. Also can you tell me how long you've been putting minoxidil there? thanks

fro

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using minoxidil 5% for the past 6.5 years and 1x a day actually works better for me than 2x per day. You need to take into consideration that minoxidil can cause inflammation, which may offset its growth stimulating properties. But on the other hand, many are fine with minoxidil 2x/day.
Personally, I'd start with 1x per day.

G

Under 20, at last someone who has managed to take some hi-res close up pictures that actually show something!

well done

good luck in the future