should growth with height be considered when on finpecia?

whitemogs

Reaction score
Im not sure if its just a theory or a fact, but does taking finasteride hold you from growing normally in height? or does it not have any effect in that area? i know it lowers dht which is responsible for manly features but im not sure if it correlates with height. thanks for any info!

first

Established Member
Reaction score
I would not recommend taking any DHT blocker if you are still growing.

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
well it increases estrogen..which means faster growth plates fusion, unless mabye you could take some anti-estrogen to counter that

whitemogs

Reaction score
i see, do any of you know of anything maybe in diet that can help with lowering estrogen? i would guess soy would be bad for that same reason? something that can even out the body to a neutral state where i can keep growing.. im still 18 and ive been on finasteride for 7 months but id like to even it out just in case, thanks again guys

fightDHT

Reaction score
whitemogs , Whats your age?...since finasteride affects the DHT level and DHT seems to be a major player in developing male characteristics, i think it is not recommended to start on it if your body is still in growth phase..ie. if you are somewhere under 18....

BARCA

Established Member
Reaction score
I am 19..I am taking zinc coz I heard it blocks estrogen..who knows mabye I could still grow

whitemogs

Reaction score
im 18 y.o, been taking it for a couple of months and ran into a topic on these forums about height.i thought testosterone was the major guy and dht only relevant to body hair and hairloss as well as the development of sexual organs. so i wasnt to sure if height would be delayed or worse yet, halted. thanks for the answers everyone!

Eureka

Established Member
Reaction score
by 18, Your done getting taller, your growth plates have fused.

However their are other areas in which DHT plays a role, And the younger you are, the more likely it could play a role, Suppose it depends on how much your hairs worth to ya.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Not worth it just wait. Science does not know nearly enough about dht to tell you what it does to height growth patterns. We are just guessing at it right now.