Should A Person Witnessing Hairloss Start With Topical Or Oral Finasteride?

inmyhead

Reaction score
your question is kinda stupid honestly, what kind of opinion you want?

If you want to stop hair loss, start treatments.
if not, do nothing.
Common sense.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
your question is kinda stupid honestly, what kind of opinion you want?

If you want to stop hair loss, start treatments.
if not, do nothing.
Common sense.

im asking with which one of these treatments you should start

is it better to start with oral finasteride

OR

topical finasteride

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Start with a very low dose of oral finasteride, and after a few weeks bump it up a little and then a few weeks later bump it up some more until you take a normal dose. If you are asking which is more effective, then the oral dose at full strength is the best. Don't be surprised to have side effects though to start, they usually normalize out after a few weeks.

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
so its smarter start to oral finasteride

and only go to topical finasteride if you experience side effects as a plan b?

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Oral > topical if you're serious about stopping your hair loss. Use topical finasteride in case you got sides on oral.

Ausgebombt

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Start with a half or quarter dose of oral for a couple months. If you get sides, stop for a few weeks then try topical.

I get sides from low-dose oral finasteride, but do not get sides from topical. The sides from oral are very obvious, no boners and less jizz. It should be pretty clear if you have sides or not. Don't be one of those people who stress because they can't figure out if they are experiencing side effects or not. It's a pretty binary thing for me.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Start with a half or quarter dose of oral for a couple months. If you get sides, stop for a few weeks then try topical.

I get sides from low-dose oral finasteride, but do not get sides from topical. The sides from oral are very obvious, no boners and less jizz. It should be pretty clear if you have sides or not. Don't be one of those people who stress because they can't figure out if they are experiencing side effects or not. It's a pretty binary thing for me.

What’s your topical dose atm?

randolf_faust

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

quarter of 1mg right?

bluecyclone

My Regimen
Reaction score
Having fucked my sled trying to find a safe way I’d say go with recommended Propecia dose and see what happens. If you can’t walk because your balls look like grapefruits and your semen a water spritzer, quit and try topical. But to be honest two years high dose topical... doesn’t do anything.

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is better to start with oral finasteride.

Topical finasteride does not have the same amount of evidence to show that it works or the same proven track record as oral finasteride. It is best to stick with what has been proven to work.

jazz1

Reaction score
Right now I'm using 0.5 mg topical. I still don't know if topical finasteride does anything though. All I know is it doesn't give me the same side effects as oral finasteride.

Topical does work I have been using it for over 10 years now.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Take the oral finasteride at the recommended 1mg dose. If you get sides, lower the dose and/or frequency.

And if you can tolerate and have the patience for topical application, why not add minoxidil into the mix.

jazz1

Reaction score
How's your serum DHT levels?

I never had it tested, but the stuff has grown and maintained my hair, I use this in my mixture.

15% Minoxidil
0.1% Finesteride
5% Azelaic Acid
0.25% Progesterone
0.025% Tretinoin
0.1% Hydocortisone