Shorther hairs around hairline

jackaly

Reaction score
Hello,

Since recently I started experiencing shorter hairs around my hairline. What could be the cause of this?

Some background info:

- I've had a 750 grafts high density hair transplant for the corners of my hairline 5 months ago.
- This was done by one of the top doctors in the netherlands who said I was eligible for this, taking my age into account, since future hairloss was not or little expected.
- The hairs are strong and almost all the same length.
- I've lost more hair than normal some time ago which has since stopped happening. This stopped around 2-3 weeks ago.
- I do not notice thinning anywhere on my head, including the hairline.
- Yes I have a widows peak
- I do use styling products, maybe a bit too much according to some.

Does anyone have an idea why these are there?
Thanks in advance :)

And if anyone's interested I might upload a few pictures of my hair transplant later.

Deleted

jackaly

Reaction score
How old are you?

Almost 24

For certain types of hair transplants, the forehead area will not grow as long. I don't know very much about hair transplant, but I did see an interesting article on the Wikipedia. Also, a lot of women have short hairs on their hairline that don't grow as long as the rest of their hair. That's actually quite common. If I remember this correctly, certain types of hair transplant will only grow around 4 - 5 centimeters long on the forehead.

Deleted Here you can see the area where I had transplants. I have the same length hairs/thickness over there as well but I'm not worried about that since those are obviously new hairs.

Deleted (note the shorther hairs are probably combed back with the wet hair)