Short Review of Nano shampoo

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
I have been using Nano shampoo for about a week and a half.

Positive: The shampoo seems to make my scalp feel very clean and gets rid of any itching. It possibly makes my hair "look" fuller but I'm not certain.

Negative: The shampoo is a b**ch to lather! If you have a decent amount of hair it can be frustrating to work it down to the scalp. I often worry that it is not reaching my scalp because it simply seems to dissapear in my hair. Also, because it has almost no lather, it pulls on your hair a lot more resulting in more hairs than I have ever seen on my hands. It is also fairly expensive for a small bottle.

Conclusion: As a shapoo it barely gets the job done. However, it is far too early to tell whether or not it will maintain or regrow my hair. I only wish Dr. Proctor would put some better lathering ingredient in there.

CCS

Reaction score
you should wash your hair with normal shampoo, then apply NANO like minoxidil, but using a bit more, then maybe rub it a littel and let it sit for 5 minutes before washing it out. I don't use NANO, and i'm not defending it. i'm just telling you what some people do with nizoral so they don't have to use as much. I don't know if the nizoral lathers or not. I'm picking up my order at walmart tomorrrow.

hellohello

Established Member
Reaction score
I use Nizoral 1% occasionally and it lathers like no other.
Smells so good as well!

Chadman

Reaction score
To me it feels like a dilluted honey in my hands, so as you said there isn't a lot of lathering action.

That said, I don't really care. My hair doesn't exactly get dirty throughout the day anyway, and given that I've lost a lot of hair and it's fairly short I'm not worried about a lot of lathering.

I've not noticed any real benefits from NANO after about a month.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Like College said, do a "pre-wash" with any ol' dirt-cheap shampoo, then use NANO afterwards and let it sit there for a spell.

BTW, it's been demonstrated that the amount of lather has no direct effect on a shampoo's cleansing ability. It's just something that the user likes to see.

And finally, don't overlook the fact that NANO conditioner can also be used to supply NANO. It's probably even more effective than the shampoo, since you can leave it on your scalp for a much longer period of time.

Bryan

Felk

Reaction score
Bryan said:
Like College said, do a "pre-wash" with any ol' dirt-cheap shampoo, then use NANO afterwards and let it sit there for a spell.

BTW, it's been demonstrated that the amount of lather has no direct effect on a shampoo's cleansing ability. It's just something that the user likes to see.

And finally, don't overlook the fact that NANO conditioner can also be used to supply NANO. It's probably even more effective than the shampoo, since you can leave it on your scalp for a much longer period of time.

Bryan

Oooooh... an interesting possibility you give there Bryan. I'd always discounted the conditioner, thinking it was a waste of money, as the shampoo is just a supplementary treatment anyway.

Would i still get the benefits of nizoral, and nano to a degree, if i washed with nizoral and conditioned with nano? I dont like washing my hair too often...

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Felk said:
Oooooh... an interesting possibility you give there Bryan. I'd always discounted the conditioner, thinking it was a waste of money, as the shampoo is just a supplementary treatment anyway.

I don't know why people have always overlooked the conditioner. If you want to get NANO onto your scalp, applying the conditioner as you would minoxidil seems like an obvious and excellent way to do it.

Felk said:
Would i still get the benefits of nizoral, and nano to a degree, if i washed with nizoral and conditioned with nano?

If you get it onto your scalp, sure...

Bryan

Felk

Reaction score
Awesome stuff, thanks bryan. The main reason i didnt really consider it was Dr P's order of effectiveness, with the conditioner at the bottom.

I was just looking to save money, i'll admit it... :)

michael barry

Reaction score
Thank you Bryan for the conditioner info...........................

I had been wondering about this myself in regards to NANO and American Crew shampoo/conditioner. I had thought.....to myself............."wonder if I could use a normal shampoo and get the goodies through the conditioner" more than once.

By the way................just today I started putting saw palmetto on my left wrist. It smells like revivogen (it stinks). In about 3 months I'll let you guys know if I have noticeably less hair on the left wrist vs. the right and if it looks like this could be a decent anti-androgen. Im trying to get holt' of some pine oil (tall oil) because of its very high beta sitosterol content to try a similar experiment with that also. Nosy son of a gun aint' I?

Balding_1

Established Member
Reaction score
Something really odd happened when I prewashed my hair with a cheap shampoo...it actually made the Nano shampoo lather like crazy. It seriously got really soapy and I was careful to make sure the other shampoo was completely washed out. I have oily hair so I wonder if the Nano has trouble lathering because of it. Anyway, prewashing seems to be the way to go from now on.

P.S-- I am reluctant to buy the conditioner because they are such expensive products and it doesnt contain some of the ingredients found in the shampoo. I always leave the shampoo on my head for at least 5 minutes for full effect anyway.