Short Hairs That Very Easily Come Out When Touching..

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was diagnosed by a HTP dermatologist and surgeon that i have an iron deficiency hair loss. My serum ferritin at the time was 13 and we figured out from my old blood work its been low for a long time. (right now we got it up to about 40) He did not rule out some mild Androgenetic Alopecia but could not say for sure and he wanted to see how my hair responded to Iron supplements. Also doing Keto 2% shampoo an laser light.

Anyway i went though a few short hair sheds in response to treatments..BUT even though i am not noticeably shedding these short hairs I can easily tug on some and they come out (not pulling) Like barely touch them....They are short very fine and have a white gooey bulb at root. It's not all of them or even most of them now..(in beginning they were all easily coming out).

So i am a little confused..i go back to my Doctor in late September but wanted to see if anyone had experience like this.

just curious is that Androgenetic Alopecia--these very short hairs with white gooey tip that very easily just come out of head? My long hairs that shed with white bulb are not 'wet'...like the white bulb at the tip of a long hair is dry to touch and not removable ...these short hairs the tip is not 'dry' and it comes off easily to touch.

its not many compared to few months ago so maybe this is good sign..Or bad lol.