Short Hair After hair transplant? Can Anyone Do That Without Making It Noticable?

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone here keep super-short hair after an hair transplant? Obviously, it would have to be FUE, since the FUT scar precludes that. I mean really short here...... and would it be possible to shave or buzz with zero guard and get away without anyone noticing?

What I really mean to ask is how well can the appearance of natural hair be recovered by a good doctor? Do you have to grow your hair out and wear them at some length to hide the transplant...even in the recipient area?

Jnix

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Bump.
Come on guys, you were all noobs at some point in your lives too!

There are plenty of cases of guys who even shave their hair regulary after a transplant. It depends on many factors...how much loss did you have to begin with, what your hair calibre is, where your loss was, etc. It can be done.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
What are the factors this depends on? If this is indeed possible, I want to start researching right away

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
Does anyone here keep super-short hair after an hair transplant? Obviously, it would have to be FUE, since the FUT scar precludes that. I mean really short here...... and would it be possible to shave or buzz with zero guard and get away without anyone noticing?

What I really mean to ask is how well can the appearance of natural hair be recovered by a good doctor? Do you have to grow your hair out and wear them at some length to hide the transplant...even in the recipient area?

Longer certainly makes it easier. Doesn't have to be ridiculous, but a buzz cut is difficult. If you wanted that look you're better off getting SMP after an FUE to fill in the illusion of density.

Here's a good example of what length does

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

And then shaved down after this op

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

So you can see there the density issue when shaved and it looks a little off because the transplanted hairs are thicker. Nowhere near the density of a non-balding patch of hair either. Grown out looks pretty decent though. You don't have to go that long, but enough for it to layer helps massively.

shookwun

Reaction score
That is mostly dependent on your surgeons capabilities in making the best arrangement and packing of your follicles. Its crucial that the doctor packs the front with single follicular grafts while gradually adding in the odd two for a dense pack. Every case is individual

I needed to have two pass overs to give me the density required for both long, and short styles where I can comfortably sport my hair in any fashion. Before hand, I fell in the situational category where my hair looked okay in certain in lighting, and also pluggy and sparse in others.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Keeping hair short after a transplant is a bad idea, in my opinion. Because the donor area is going to be
thinner.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Keeping hair short after a transplant is a bad idea, in my opinion. Because the donor area is going to be
thinner.

128922.jpg

You know Jesus was a middle eastern guy that probably looked more like this on the left than the fantasy image white folk have created, right?

sivagn28.jpg

pintosamuel

Reaction score

The benefit of an FUE approach is that you can wear your hair short because the scars are less obvious. I think this article gives a lot of insights - http://www.aihr.com.au/blog/scarless-hair-transplants. The results can look natural either with a FUT or FUE as long as it is done by an experienced and reputable surgeon.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Longer certainly makes it easier. Doesn't have to be ridiculous, but a buzz cut is difficult. If you wanted that look you're better off getting SMP after an FUE to fill in the illusion of density.

Here's a good example of what length does

View attachment 71365

View attachment 71366

View attachment 71367

View attachment 71368

And then shaved down after this op

View attachment 71369

View attachment 71370

So you can see there the density issue when shaved and it looks a little off because the transplanted hairs are thicker. Nowhere near the density of a non-balding patch of hair either. Grown out looks pretty decent though. You don't have to go that long, but enough for it to layer helps massively.

Is it just me, or are those donor scars in the last picture? Im not sure I see what you mean. I guess it's hard to tell in the pictures.

That is mostly dependent on your surgeons capabilities in making the best arrangement and packing of your follicles. Its crucial that the doctor packs the front with single follicular grafts while gradually adding in the odd two for a dense pack. Every case is individual

I needed to have two pass overs to give me the density required for both long, and short styles where I can comfortably sport my hair in any fashion. Before hand, I fell in the situational category where my hair looked okay in certain in lighting, and also pluggy and sparse in others.

Shook, can you even buzz it without a guard at this point? What's the density like?