Short-Cycling hairs at the hairline..

ryder

Established Member
Reaction score
I've noticed some of the hairs that shed along my hairline are either very tiny with tapered ends or 1-1.5 inches long with tapered ends..

This is obviouslly bad news and means DHT is short-cycling these hairs.. my question is,

1] is there a difference between the tiny hairs with tapered ends and the 1-1.5 inch hairs with tapered hairs? When i run my hands through my hair and gently pull, these are the two types of hairs that typically come out (i guess i should stop constantly pulling at these hairs, but i figure if they come out with a slight pull they would come out in the shower anyways?)

2] I've been on finasteride for 22 months and this past September I increased my finasteride doseage to 1mg every day from 1.25mg every-other-day as i have oily skin/scalp and figured i need the daily DHT reduction... I guess i need to wait a lot longer before i see if there is any benifit from the upped doseage?

3] Also is Nizoral too harsh for these small hairs long the hairline? I seem to only get itchy at the hairline (often right when i wake up), what if anything does that mean?