shogun vs liddell? cassin opinions required

powersam

Reaction score
as above

edit.

wait not just as above

htf does the most talented fighter I have ever seen, turn into a has been...???

barcafan

Reaction score
Shoguns been fucked because of 2 major knee surgeries . Dont know if he's recovered. I think he can destroy lidell.

Cassin

Reaction score
Incredibly tough fight to call. IMO they are both equally effective right now.
Chuck has survived on pure skill alone for a very long time…he hasn't exactly lived in a gym like some guys. Now he is older, beat up and taken some vicious ko's.

Shogun Rua is fighting on rickety sticks and looks so out of shape. His fight against Mark Coleman was odd and disappointing. He is clearly injury prone and I am not sure what to make of his skills.

For the future of the UFC it would be best if Shogun won. I think its close to time for Chuck to retire…I hate seeing people get ko'd at his age.

But considering the below pic and Shogun looking in shape for once (but we'll see how long he goes without gassing)...I pick him.

20090416105314_IMG_2862.JPG

oni

Reaction score
Dana White, loves Chuck.......................................

They will be having him still fighting in 10 years time.........

As for poor old Shogun...............................I really feel he does not have what it takes to finish Chuck........................His boxing is not that crisp and Chucks take down defence is still very good. Shoguns not going to use his knees and no football kicks (soccer kicks) are allowed not that Shogun will be taking Chuck down much to use them!

I guess it's going to be down to a decision win or Chucks going to KO a gassed Shogun............................

But I live in hope that the Shogun of old turns up............................. :hump: and Chuck too and makes it fight of the night...............

I going to go for 3 rounds of cuddle fest against the cage............................. :sobbing: with a decision win for I really don't care!

Cassin

Reaction score
Dana said last fight that if Chuck ever gets KO'd like that again he is getting retired.

And he said it again today..Chuck has to win to keep his career going.

Fight is starting now...

and Powersam...that gone can't use EPO (blood doping) anymore and has had 3 knee surgeries. I still believe in him tho....

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
WOW SHOGUN KILLED LIDDELL

and KONGO WINS:D:D:D

ANDERSON SILVA VS THALES LEITES = MOST BORING MATCH IN MMA HISTORY , SILVA JUST DOSNT CARE NO MORE , AND THALES IS JUST A PUSSY FIGHTER ALWAYS DROPPING HIM SELF

king-

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Cassin said:
Shogun looked awesome and so did Sam Stout

And Leites spent 5 rounds diving....

Bring on GSP vs Silva

if gsp gets through thiago alves

oni

Reaction score
So glad to be wrong, Shogun looks like he might be on the come back...................

A Silva's weight was 182................................. :whistle:

Looks like he might be going down to 170.........................for a GSP fight.

And yes GSP needs to beat Alves.....................it should be a good one.

Yes EPO is gone...............................great for the gas tank. :whistle: cyclists loved it! It stimulates the bone marrow to make more red blood cells, like altitude training.

You could just use an intermittent hypoxic training system........

Cassin

Reaction score
Chuck Liddell: "We'll talk about it Monday, Tuesday. But, this could be my last time."

Dana White on Liddell: "I don't want to see anyone stick around too long. I don't want to see anyone hurt. [...] You're never going to see Chuck Liddell on the canvas again. It's never going to happen again. It's done. Tonight was the end of an era. One of the greatest guys in the sport fought his last fight tonight."

oni

Reaction score
Cant they feed him a can before his retirement?

Name a "Can" in the UFC @ light heavy weight?

Or should they bring in a "Can" from outside the UFC? and what if that "Can" KTFO Chuck! not good for his soon to be Hall of Fame status?

Cassin

Reaction score
UFC LHW division is stacked...there aren't any cans....

Probably their weakest LHW is Jeremy Horn and he only fights when they need a fill in...and Chuck has already whipped him once. There is no way Chuck wants to go out against a can.

He is going to get a big fat retirement check and make a killing doing signings and after party's without the misery of training or fighting. Chuck has an awesome retirement ahead of him we can only dream of.

oni

Reaction score
Chuck can now spend time growing an even bigger pot belly...................................and good luck to him! he has done his work!

powersam

Reaction score
oni said:
Chuck can now spend time growing an even bigger pot belly...................................and good luck to him! he has done his work!

the potbelly only makes him stronger. it is a POWAH potbelly.

oni

Reaction score
Aaaaaaaaaah......................................the pot belly allows reverse torque action for the chin................... that stops him from getting KTFO..................powersam I think you are on to something!

He needs a bigger pot belly!!!! :hump:

oni

Reaction score
Thats just puppy fat..........................................don't speak of the last emperor like that!!