SHOCKING! Posts where I mention Dr. Proctor, posts I don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
My dear friend "Jacob" made this outrageous claim in a recent post in another thread (referring to _me_): "But that's the thing..it's Proctor's products constantly for him..hardly anything else." I replied to him by telling him that that's an absurd exaggeration! Shortly afterward, I decided it would be interesting if I actually TESTED his theory! I went to each of the forums I normally post in, with the exception of the "Off-Topic" forum. In all the others, I looked at every post I made that appeared on the first page of each forum (which is fairly easy to do, since the name of any thread you posted in has a black circle next to it); I figured that would be a fair and random sample of my posts, with which to test his hypothesis. Following are my actual post counts in each separate forum: how many in which I make any mention whatsoever of Dr. Proctor or his products (Proxiphen, Prox-N, NANO Shampoo, etc.), and how many in which I don't.

Men's General Hair Loss Discussion
Proctor YES: 0
Proctor NO: 30

Antiandrogens & Androgen Blockers
Proctor YES: 1
Proctor NO: 14

Growth Stimulants
Proctor NO: 2

Experimental Treatments, Vitamins & Supplements
Proctor NO: 10

New Treatments, Studies, and Discoveries
Proctor NO: 21

Dealing with Side Effects
Proctor YES: 4
Proctor NO: 2

-----------------------------

The sum total for all the forums I post in is this:

Proctor YES: 5
Proctor NO: 79

I think everyone can see now that what I said to Jacob is accurate: I seldom ever mention Dr. Proctor or his products, compared to all the various hairloss issues that I _do_ like to discuss frequently! :laugh: :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
I really don't care either way. I think it's boderline pathetic how seriously people take this forum. Who gives a sh*t.

I agree with you, especially the people who seem to be so offended by the fact that I say nice things every once in a while about what I think are quite possibly the best available treatments! :dunno:

Thom

Experienced Member
Reaction score
finfighter said:
I really don't care either way. I think it's boderline pathetic how seriously people take this forum. Who gives a sh*t.

Your entitled to your own opinion either way, everyone is, who cares if you talk about his products. :dunno:

totally agree, it's all about opinions and yours are as valid as anyone else's. I just think the whole harping on someone to take photos of their head for you is a bit much.

FC 

Reaction score
Searched author Bryan +prox +proxiphen +nano = 49 results

Searched author Bryan +prox -proxiphen -nano = 67 results

Searched author Bryan +nano -prox -proxiphen = 95 results

Searched author Bryan +proxiphen -nano -prox = 148 results

Searched author Bryan +nano +proxiphen -prox = 12 results

Searched author Bryan +nano +prox -proxiphen = 24 results

Searched author Bryan +prox + proxiphen -nano = 56 results

Searched author Bryan +Proctor -prox -proxiphen -nano = 143 results

Total posts where at least 1 of the 4 keywords used is 594

594 / 6668 = approximately 8.9% of total posts

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
FC  said:

That seems pretty close to what I got, because 5 / 79 is a little over 6.3%!

HT55

Experienced Member
Reaction score
FC  said:
Searched author Bryan +prox +proxiphen +nano = 49 results

Searched author Bryan +prox -proxiphen -nano = 67 results

Searched author Bryan +nano -prox -proxiphen = 95 results

Searched author Bryan +proxiphen -nano -prox = 148 results

Searched author Bryan +nano +proxiphen -prox = 12 results

Searched author Bryan +nano +prox -proxiphen = 24 results

Searched author Bryan +prox + proxiphen -nano = 56 results

Searched author Bryan +Proctor -prox -proxiphen -nano = 143 results

Total posts where at least 1 of the 4 keywords used is 594

So basically Bryan has mentioned Proctor or his products in almost 600 posts and tries to say he never brings it up, lol

I have been on this forum for 4 years and only have 860 total posts, lol

I get that less than 10% of your posts are about Proctor but ~ 600 posts about anything is alot regardless of how to attempt to spin it.

Also in the vast majority of those posts you are not just mentioning the product but promoting it.

I wonder how many total posts about Proctor you have made on ALL the hair loss sites you visit, WELL OVER 1000 I'm sure

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HT55 said:
So basically Bryan has mentioned Proctor or his products in almost 600 posts and tries to say he never brings it up, lol

I've never said that I "never" bring it up. I've said that I only occasionally bring it up. Are you able to read and comprehend English? :)

HT55 said:
I have been on this forum for 4 years and only have 860 total posts, lol

I get that less than 10% of your posts are about Proctor but ~ 600 posts about anything is alot regardless of how to attempt to spin it.

If I were to count the number of times I've discussed the "brain-cooling" theory of the evolution of balding in primates and the result turns out to be (say) 10 times, is that a lot? How do you personally define what "a lot" of posts about any given subject happens to be? :)

If I've personally discussed the degree to which various doses of dutasteride suppress the formation of DHT 800 times, is that "a lot"? Why do you suppose the subject of DHT suppression by dutasteride has come up that many times on this forum? :dunno:

HT55 said:
Also in the vast majority of those posts you are not just mentioning the product but promoting it.

I think it may well be one of the best available treatments. Maybe the best of all.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score

not that i really care, but this is not true. U just added the results up, u neglect to account for the fact that the same posts would be counted for many of those searches.

Jacob

Reaction score
Nice try. As someone else said in the other thread:
I think what he meant is that any time the opportunity arises you are there promoting Proctors products and nothing else

So the only thing outrageous is your constantly pushing Dr. P's crap..as well as Dr. P's idiotic claims. If ppl would be consistent in their outrage about products being pushed and claims being made.... :whistle:

And no..the "first page of every forum" # counting you did is not a "fair and random sample" ( I wouldn't trust your counting anyway ;-) )...when the topic(s) may or may not have been brought up much that week or even that day..heck even half day or hour(s)..(that's how many new threads/posts there can be..and how fast things can go to page 2)...and/or you may be away for that hour/half a day/day or longer..etc. And you've been doing what I've described for 10+ years.

BTW..the other counts..however they're counted..that's just THIS forum. And may or may not be all... due to forum upgrades etc. For example..for older posts at Hairsite one needs to google hairsite4.com ..etc. Some threads even disappear altogether with upgrades it seems..or crashes(Regrowth comes to mind)...

FC 

Reaction score
anxious1 said:

not that i really care, but this is not true. U just added the results up, u neglect to account for the fact that the same posts would be counted for many of those searches.

Care to explain why? I believe I've taken the correct approach to avoid counting the same post twice.

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
No success stories, no scientific trials and a webpage that looking like an old relic of the 90ies. Definitely the best treatment for hairloss. :thumbdown2:

Jacob

Reaction score
They are the best treatments. Didn't you see Bryan's posts in just this thread alone?

..the fact that I say nice things every once in a while about what I think are quite possibly the best available treatments!

I think it may well be one of the best available treatments. Maybe the best of all.

Amazingly..he doesn't, or claims he doesn't, use the product himself. Or instead of "amazingly"...it should be "conveniently".

Everyone knows how long the product has been out there. Only a shil..oh wait, can't call him that!...would make comments such as those. Especially time and time again..for years and years and years and years.

What a slick way to not have to pay for advertising all these years..and to get the word out..

And for those who haven't seen Dr. P's claims..here's one for you:

It grows significantly more hair on more people than any other agent.

Just like the kind of products/companies/ppl those in these forums would call snakeoil-like..because of similar claims or even less. Patents and smarts(that's debatable) and/or even the addition of the "proven" minoxidil shouldn't mean anything to you either..as there are plenty of "questionable" companies/products with those as well.

I wonder what the FDA or whatever other agency would say about such claims....hmmmmm...

Cassin

Reaction score
Bryan there is nothing you can do on an internet forum to convince people of something not being a conspiracy. Its impossible. You can spend countless hours explaining and they will barely scan your replies and keep up their decided path. I wouldn't waste your time. Forums are increasingly becoming more hostile as time moves on. All of them. Its a strange forum of communication.

Jacob

Reaction score
Cute :bravo:

I'm pointing out the facts..not some conspiracy. If you want a conspiracy- one has to wonder why a mod would get involved when it comes to this..especially given what I've pointed out what Bryan has done all these years..and what Proctor's claims are- things others would get their posts deleted for or even banned for..and the company/person making such claims would be called a shill...snakeoil..you name it.(But I know you knew all this already) Makes me wonder if the advertising really isn't exactly "free" for Proctor. Hey..you brought up conspiracies, so there you have it.

I wonder what those who do pay for advertising would say about this...Hmmmmm.....

And don't forget..Bryan started this thread :)

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
So the only thing outrageous is your constantly pushing Dr. P's crap...

Oh, so once again you say that I'm "constantly pushing" Dr. P's stuff, Jacob? Are you a glutton for punishment? :) Once AGAIN I point out to you that in all of my recent posts (some of them weren't even "recent"), I've only even mentioned him or his products just 5.9% of the time (yes, I made a small arithmetical error when I calculated that percentage earlier in this thread...it's not 6.3%, it's 5.9%). Whaddaya think of THEM apples?? :)

Jacob said:
..as well as Dr. P's idiotic claims. If ppl would be consistent in their outrage about products being pushed and claims being made.... :whistle:

And once again I'll agree with you (you can't seem to take "yes" for an answer!) regarding his claim that his products are better than any other agent out there. That _does_ seem a bit excessive to me, even though it may be true.

Jacob said:
And no..the "first page of every forum" # counting you did is not a "fair and random sample" ( I wouldn't trust your counting anyway ;-) )...

OH REALLY??!!! If you don't believe me, then I invite you to do the same job _I_ did, painstakingly and tediously counting them, one by one! Come on, Jacob, I dare you to do it!!!

Jacob said:
when the topic(s) may or may not have been brought up much that week or even that day..heck even half day or hour(s)..(that's how many new threads/posts there can be..and how fast things can go to page 2)...

Guess what, hotshot: some of the threads on that first page that I counted went back for YEARS!!!! I repeat that as a whole, I think it was a perfectly good random sample of all my posts. I didn't have the time or inclination to go back even farther, like the first TWO pages, the first THREE pages, the first FOUR pages, etc. It was tough enough for me just to count the FIRST page of posts.

Jacob said:
BTW..the other counts..however they're counted..that's just THIS forum. And may or may not be all... due to forum upgrades etc. For example..for older posts at Hairsite one needs to google hairsite4.com ..etc. Some threads even disappear altogether with upgrades it seems..or crashes(Regrowth comes to mind)...

Baloney! The same thing (what I've said about my posting on this site) is true for all the other sites I've posted on, too: I only OCCASIONALLY post about Dr. Proctor and his products.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Jacob, have you ever tried any of Proctor's products? Because Proxiphen has been working great for me since last February. What is your reasoning for thinking that it's ineffective?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Jacob said:
And don't forget..Bryan started this thread :)

Yes. As a response to a silly, fanatical individual who made the outrageous claim that "it's Proctor's products constantly for him..hardly anything else."! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Shma

Established Member
Reaction score
Who cares!

Jacob

Reaction score
Oh, so once again you say that I'm "constantly pushing" Dr. P's stuff, Jacob? Are you a glutton for punishment? :) Once AGAIN I point out to you that in all of my recent posts (some of them weren't even "recent"), I've only even mentioned him or his products just 5.9% of the time (yes, I made a small arithmetical error when I calculated that percentage earlier in this thread...it's not 6.3%, it's 5.9%). Whaddaya think of THEM apples?? :)

Are you dense? I have to explain it again? Your #'s are only for a recent "page" of threads/posts. Here it is again- And no..the "first page of every forum" # counting you did is not a "fair and random sample" ( I wouldn't trust your counting anyway ;-) )...when the topic(s) may or may not have been brought up much that week or even that day..heck even half day or hour(s)..(that's how many new threads/posts there can be..and how fast things can go to page 2)...and/or you may be away for that hour/half a day/day or longer..etc. And you've been doing what I've described for 10+ years.

And once again I'll agree with you (you can't seem to take "yes" for an answer!) regarding his claim that his products are better than any other agent out there. That _does_ seem a bit excessive to me, even though it may be true.

And yet you go around pretty much saying the same thing. "It's the best out there" kind of garbage. It's most likely not true btw(I'll put money on it not being true at all)..because there is no evidence for such a claim. He should never have put that on his site..and he should have taken it down years ago. Only a...I won't even say it....would leave it up.

OH REALLY??!!! If you don't believe me, then I invite you to do the same job _I_ did, painstakingly and tediously counting them, one by one! Come on, Jacob, I dare you to do it!!!

This is Bryan on Prox..oh wait..he doesn't use it. Reread what I said above.

Guess what, hotshot: some of the threads on that first page that I counted went back for YEARS!!!! I repeat that as a whole, I think it was a perfectly good random sample of all my posts. I didn't have the time or inclination to go back even farther, like the first TWO pages, the first THREE pages, the first FOUR pages, etc. It was tough enough for me just to count the FIRST page of posts.

Guess what, hotshot: in your original post here you said "(which is fairly easy to do, since the name of any thread you posted in has a black circle next to it); ". That is not true..as I just clicked on "Your Topics" to see the list of threads I've participated in..and about half had the black circle in it. Also, I don't know what forums you're looking at where you just go to a page(for example..the one this one is in- the Men's General Hairloss Discussions)..and the first page goes back YEARS.

But I love how you're trying to divert from the real issue here...which is your never ending pushing of Proctor's products whenever you have the chance..and saying it's the best out there..etc. You've been doing this for 10+ years. Here, Hairsite, HLH, alt.baldspot when it was halfway decent..etc. Not only that..but you talk like Dr. P, saying it's the best thing out there...probably the best thing out there...and similar such nonsense.

Baloney! The same thing (what I've said about my posting on this site) is true for all the other sites I've posted on, too: I only OCCASIONALLY post about Dr. Proctor and his products.

Nice try. Enjoy your baloney sandwich.

Jacob

Reaction score
Just saying it may do all those things does not = better than any other agent out there. There is no evidence to support such a claim. Anyone can make claims..and many do..but do not get away with it. If Dr P wants to keep it up on his website and be like all the other snakeoil/slimeballs/___________..that's up to him. He's done so all these years.

Status
Not open for further replies.