Shocking case of loss

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
So I saw yesterday this guy from my town I haven´t seen since four months ago or so, and wtf?: The guy was looking like Nikky Lauda, or like a cancer patient. He hasn´t any hair left in his entire body. He was wearing a cap, he removed it and there was not a strand left in his dome!!

It was utterly awesome and shocking, the guy had very good hair before, one of those curly, dark and dense heads of hair. Without it, without the eyebrows and so, he looks like a piece of sh*t about to die. He lost IT ALL. Even the hair from the balls. Sorry if it´s hard, but it is the tragic truth.

He said docs told him it was because of stress, but he guessed they said so because they haven´t any better answer. To me, also, he was not the stress-consumed type, he was more the layback and relaxed kind of guy. The guy did some coke and was a heavy grass smoker, but I know many others who do it even more and don´t get this.

Why someone would lose all of his hair overnight without being into chemo or anything?

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yeah, but AA is patchy, isn´t it?

And how does an autoinmmune disease manages to shut off every follicle in your body??

What´s the common trigger body hair and head hair share??. Don´t they rule by different (even opposite as I´ve understood) mechanisms of growth?

nguy1832

Reaction score
Solo said:
It was utterly awesome and shocking, the guy had very good hair before, one of those curly, dark and dense heads of hair. Without it, without the eyebrows and so, he looks like a piece of $#iT about to die.

Why is that awesome? Just curious.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Because it was a friend. Things could seem easy on the paper, but when it happens to someone next to you they are not that easy.

They guy seemed like a normal guy yesterday and, blam!!, the next day is a totally different person.

It is awesome how losing all of your hair can turn you into someone different.

I feel sorry for him, and I feel life is unfair with all of its tricky ways to screw you up.

I know it´s just a cosmetical issue and it´s not cancer or a fatal disease, but looking like the Elephant Man is also cosmetical, and they are running movies and books on the subject.

astral week

Established Member
Reaction score
i know someone who had that, same exact thing. i believe it's alopecia universalis. something like that.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Why is this post now in the Trichotillomania forum??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

samantha07

Reaction score
SOLO YOUWROTE THIS
It was utterly awesome and shocking, the guy had very good hair before, one of those curly, dark and dense heads of hair. Without it, without the eyebrows and so, he looks like a piece of s*** about to die. He lost IT ALL. Even the hair from the balls. Sorry if it´s hard, but it is the tragic truth.

I THINK YOU SHOULD BE ashamed of your self!
i am au myself, and i dont look like s*** that i am going to die,
i think you should look at your inner side that looks like bull s***