Shine on the very front of the hairline - any tips on how to reduce it?

mambovipi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

System: French Lace but a little thinner with low density.
Glue: Mity Tite on the front 1cm.

Have finally got to the point where the front looks almost invisible and holds for a good week. I achieve this by using more layers of glue (3-4) than recommended and very thin layers. The problem is there will always be 2-3 mm of overlap of glue from the lace and skin and this seems to shine quite a bit. It also attracts dirt but I can fix that easily. I'll take a bit of shine over a shitty hairline but still it's the very last part to complete the look which looks pretty damn good at this stage. Has anyone come up with any clever ways to solve this?

Cheers!

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

System: French Lace but a little thinner with low density.
Glue: Mity Tite on the front 1cm.

Have finally got to the point where the front looks almost invisible and holds for a good week. I achieve this by using more layers of glue (3-4) than recommended and very thin layers. The problem is there will always be 2-3 mm of overlap of glue from the lace and skin and this seems to shine quite a bit. It also attracts dirt but I can fix that easily. I'll take a bit of shine over a shitty hairline but still it's the very last part to complete the look which looks pretty damn good at this stage. Has anyone come up with any clever ways to solve this?

Cheers!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220216-150746_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20220216-150746_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 102

J_D_R

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Are you applying the primer on top of the adhesive?

Last edited:

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used Shine Killer and although it removes the shine, it also melts away the bond. Real shame because otherwise it would be an ideal solution.