Shen Min- does it work?

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello.. Im a 23 year old male in hawaii. Ive been loosing my hair since ive been 20 years old. Im wondering if anyone is familar with Shen Min Products and if they are good to add in my regimen. Im currently taking a DHT blocker by shen min, it contains saw palmetto extract,pumpin seed extract, grape seed extract amongst other things. Im also taking there formula for men which contains Biotin, He Shou Wu, and again Saw Palmetto extract and various other vitamins for hair. Both are in pill form and run me around 50$ a month together.

Any advice on these products?

the_beast

Established Member
Reaction score
Hawaii male said:
Hello.. Im a 23 year old male in hawaii. Ive been loosing my hair since ive been 20 years old. Im wondering if anyone is familar with Shen Min Products and if they are good to add in my regimen. Im currently taking a DHT blocker by shen min, it contains saw palmetto extract,pumpin seed extract, grape seed extract amongst other things. Im also taking there formula for men which contains Biotin, He Shou Wu, and again Saw Palmetto extract and various other vitamins for hair. Both are in pill form and run me around 50$ a month together.

Any advice on these products?

Nah man sounds like crap to be honest. If you are strongly against propecia, at least use a real 5AR inhibitor like Revivogen or an anti-androgen like spironolactone.

Britannia

Reaction score
Nothing you listed has any proven effectiveness in hair loss. Try finasteride, Min and nizoral.

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
I am on finasteride and using Nizoral 1% at the moment. I refuse to use a topical, seems to messy and inconvienent. Any other suggestions on pills to use in my regimen if i will not use minoxidil?

ricky13

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been using the shen-min advanced mens formula for 3 months now combined with nizoral 2% 3x a week and on the other days nioxin. I have a very good diet as well..I believe what you put in your body is better than what you put on it. I take fish oils as well. I have to say, this combo has helped with the consistency of my current hair while making it look thicker as well as sprouting some newbies! I am very pleased with my results...Hope that helps!!

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
ricky13 said:
Hi,
I have been using the shen-min advanced mens formula for 3 months now combined with nizoral 2% 3x a week and on the other days nioxin. I have a very good diet as well..I believe what you put in your body is better than what you put on it. I take fish oils as well. I have to say, this combo has helped with the consistency of my current hair while making it look thicker as well as sprouting some newbies! I am very pleased with my results...Hope that helps!!

Thanks.. Ive noticed my hair seems to have thickened with Shen Min also.

Im using the DHT Blocker and the Advanced formula for men. I get the sense that its just a great hair vitamin, anyhow it makes the appearance of my hair better.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
Hawaii male said:
I refuse to use a topical

I can understand the sentiment, but do realize your refusal will likely result in a less than hopeful outcome. I'm referring to minoxidil specifically.

ricky13

Reaction score
Thanks.. Ive noticed my hair seems to have thickened with Shen Min also.

Im using the DHT Blocker and the Advanced formula for men. I get the sense that its just a great hair vitamin, anyhow it makes the appearance of my hair better.

Hawaii, Yes, I cannot believe my results with the shen-min formula...Everyone is asking what I have been doing, the thickness is that noticeable! But everyone is different, and it may work better for some and it may not work at all, you just have to find what works best for YOU, and go with it! I agree with the topical stuff to a certain degree, it gets a little messy and inconvenient for me(thats just me)...I am not knocking it, cuz it has worked for alot of people...
I also believe it has alot to do with your diet as well..What you put in is what you get out...But, Shen has been my best treatment so far...Good luck!!

michael barry

Reaction score
Hawaii Male,

If you have not lost much hair and want to keep what you have....consider this......People who are castrated stop losing hair. SO....how can you lower DHT transcription in the scalp to almost castration-levels?

Try propecia and revivogen.......propecia inhibits 65-70% of your blood level of DHT and 38% of your scalp level (although some believe it to be higher, maybe over 50%). Revivogen, with its free form fatty acids that have been shown to lower hamster flank organ levels of DHT drastically, could lower the scalp level even more. The fatty acids inhibit both enzymes that make DHT. The saw palmetto extract MAY bind with some of the remaining DHT in such a way as to inhibit it from binding to an androgen receptor, or pre-emptively binding with an androgen receptor. We dont know. We do know it works very well for swollen prostates. There is also a growth stimulant in revivogen. If you want to just block androgen receptors, there is Eucapil....but its pricey. There is topical flutamide at genhair.com and lipoxidil.com. Some get nasty sides with that though and it really could be dangerous long term. I personally am looking around for those with topical dutasteride info.

However Hawaii Male....I REALLY think after looking at this stuff....that a guy just starting to lose ought to try to lower scalp dht or androgen receptor transcription thereof or both as much as possible. The moderator, Hairlosstalk, uses both spironolactone and revivogen, and has maintained his hairline for years. If you still are losing after 12 months...you might try the after-shower tricomin (research it on this site) also to fight your immune-response to your hairs (the immuno-attack is proboably what does hair in, but its best to catch alopecia before that happens, which you proboably have a chance to do).