"Shedding"

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone notice that their hair loss happens in bursts/phases? I'm not using meds to treat my hair loss (if I have proper male pattern baldness), but two weeks ago in the shower I was getting hair all over my hands if I put my hands through it and now I get nothing at all?

What's going on?

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
tell me about it. The moment i think "hey my meds might be working, ive finalled stopped losing hair!!" That dellusion lasts about a few days to a week then i have a mssive shed and enter depression again.

Its hard to know what works and what doesn't

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
I had similar shedding symptoms. I am not on meds. Earlier shedding was constantly much bigger. Now several months ago the shedding decreased drastically. I don't count hairs in the shower but it really looks like a small amount. Possible reason is that my diet changed for better some time ago... also maybe it's the summer, sun and more time on the open air made my hairloss slow down... I am not sure.

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone 'in the know' comment?

Does balding happen in phases? Or it constantly progressive?

I remember when my temples went..2 years ago...I had the itch and I scrateched a lot (wish I never had) and the hair was literally falling out on my desk in the hundreds. I don't even know how much it's progressed since then but recently I definitely noticed more hair on my pillow than usual...now have no shedding at all?

WTF?

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
Remember, man, that the most important indicator is not the amount of hairs on the pillars but on your head. Make your conclusions based on that. Many women also have increased shedding but their hair simply grows anew.