shedding with revivogen - does it work

tonybmx

Reaction score
hi
I previously used regaine for about 2 years with no shedding or no gains. So i thought i would try something else, hence i tried revivogen. I have been using revivogen now for about 14 weeks, but to my dismay I have suddenly noticed severe thinning at the top of my head. This has shocked me because before i started revivogen i had only very slight thinning at my temples and very very slight thinning on my crown, but realistically a full head of hair. I thought at the initial stages of using revivogen that it was producing regrowth at my temples and all was great. Now I have very thin hair all over the areas of application (crown and temples) and slight itching of the crown. this has really freaked me out because I dont know whether this is normal or just revivogen not working for me...either way I now have a lot less hair than I had before and am contimplating on stopping using revivogen and trying something else
Could any other revivogen uses give me some advice or non revivogen uses who have had similar experiences or who have other useful advice.

Apoc

Established Member
Reaction score
Combine Revivogen with other topicals and treatments. Revivogen on it's own won't do much for you imho.

beaner

Reaction score
Are you still using minoxidil? If you've quit the minoxidil then that is most likely what is causing your current thinning.

tonybmx

Reaction score
hi
no, i stopped using the minoxidil, but I have ordered some to arrive today. Think i might use minoxidil for a week on its own then start using revivogen along side it and see what difference, if any, occurs. I am now desperate to try anything, cant believe i now have much less hair than before i even tried these so called hair restorers/dht inhibitors....feel very misguided right now

beaner

Reaction score
You need to get back on the minoxidil. That is why your hair is thinning so rapidly. Your minoxidil dependent hairs are shedding. You may think it did nothing for you, but it obviously kept those hairs in a growth phase. Hopefully putting the minoxidil back in your regimen will restore some of that crown. My opinion is you should drop the Revivogen and try spironolactone for your topical DHT blocker.....better yet, get on finasteride. finasteride + minoxidil =success in many cases.

tonybmx

Reaction score
thanks for the advice, has this worked for you or if not what are you currently using. By the way, what is spironolactone and finasteride....still fairly new to all these new products. Are they safe, do they have any side effects and how are they taken
many thanks

beaner

Reaction score
For more info use the search feature on the forum, but I'll break it down very briefly for you. spironolactone (spironolactone) is an anti-androgen, that when applied topically attaches itself to the androgen receptor sites in the hair follicle, this preventing DHT from planting itself there. It also converts scalp testosterone to estrogen preventing conversion to DHT. There are varying reports as to its effectiveness, but I would count on it working over Revivogen which I personally have heard no success stories. There should be no side effects from using this other than possibily a rash if you tend to be allergic to the ingredients. (I've heard maybe can cause acne on the scalp due to excess estrogen there, but I don't know)

finasteride (finasteride) brand name Propecia/Proscar. 1mg taken orally prevents the conversion of testosterone to DHT, successfully lowering levels enough to provide maintenance/regrowth in 83% of users. Possible side effects (and don't freak out because these are rare to the contrary of whatever horror stories you may stumble across on this or any forum) water semen, acne, lower libido, softer erections, gynocomastia (breast growth)...except for perhaps the watery semen and acne (which both go away after a brief time) THE OTHER SIDE EFFECTS ARE EXTREMELY RARE. This is prescription only drug so you may want to talk to your physician about it.

For more info on spironolactone and to order go to http://www.minoxidil.com