Shedding & White Bulbs?

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hello, I seem to be loosing around 20-30 hairs everytime i comb my hair in the morning and around 10-20 generally in the day. Is this alot? Iv seen that 50-100 is "normal" but thats for someone with loads of hair lol So would you say this is about right for someone who NW2-3 (carnt decide) most of these hairs are from the front and top, where my hair is getting thin

Also most of the hairs i loose seem to have a little white bulbs on the ends is this what should be happening? (falling out phase) or are the hairs falling out too early?

Thanks for any advice

Goingat20

Reaction score
Hair shed with bulbs is completely normal. In fact, all hair that is literally "shed" is supposed to have a bulb on it. Hair without a bulb was not shed, but rather cut, broken, or sheared off somehow.

The color of the bulb does not indicate anything more regarding male pattern baldness status as the color of your eyes does.

Reference: The Gardener

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hi, Bugger. you see iv been shedding loads of hairs lately but they all seem to have little white ends. So i was hoping these would all grow back. But if it makes no difference then they might not grow back :cry:

phantom2x

Established Member
Reaction score
it is same with me too, but the hair grow back, and one more thing do you have flaks or not.

Mr Wabbit

Reaction score
Hi, Yes iv got a fair few flakes. Is this a good or bad thing :shock:

Do you think i should stop using the minoxidil and spironolactone for a few days?

Goingat20

Reaction score
Mr Wabbit said:
Hi, Bugger. you see iv been shedding loads of hairs lately but they all seem to have little white ends. So i was hoping these would all grow back. But if it makes no difference then they might not grow back :cry:

Hair with white bulbs will grow back. As for the flakes dont worry to much just use nizoral and t-sal (t-gel). Dont give minoxidil or spironolactone a break, keep at it. Dont stress too much about shedding its 'normal' 8)