Shedding while using Spectral DNC

ITR000

Reaction score
I have been using minoxidil for approximately 6 months now, the first 4.5 months I have been using a generic 2% minoxidil formula. I have since switched to DNC which is 5% and have notice shedding; this is a situation which I did not experience with the 2% generic formula. I have been applying the minoxidil only once (evening) as opposed to the recommended 2 applications. I am also using Nizoral shampoo once a week as well as taking 2 Saw Palmetto tabs once per day, I also will be working in Revita shampoo 3 times per week very shortly.

Although I have noticed shedding since the use of DNC my hair doesn't look thinner, in fact, this may sound strange however it actually seems thicker. Any thoughts? Any recommendations for my regimen?

Thanks in advance.

G

ITR000 said:
Seems curious since with the 2% generic stuff I experienced very little shedding.

Read around the DS Labs site. I've had good results with the DNC in the frontal area after 4 months. Hopefully I can restore quite a bit of thinned out hairs after the full year of usage. This stuff is much more than minoxidil as it includes copper peptides, apple poly, aminexil, adenosine, etc. As well as the nanosome delivery method. I had the shed too but just stick with it.

Guy Legend

Established Member
Reaction score
How long was your shed? DS labs says to expect it during the first two weeks but to discontinue if it goes beyond that...

G

I think it's dumb on their part to state that since we all react differently, but my shed period was probably around week 3-6 of use? This kinda coincided with the horrible scalp itch I had too.

ITR000

Reaction score
FairTaxNow said:
I think it's dumb on their part to state that since we all react differently, but my shed period was probably around week 3-6 of use? This kinda coincided with the horrible scalp itch I had too.

Well I have been using DNC for about 3-4 weeks now and the shedding is still occurring, as mentioned, this is odd since prior to the Spectral I was on generic 2% minoxidil for over 4 months without nearly this amount of shed.

I will stick with the DNC until the bottle is done, which if all remains consistent will be another 1.5 - 2 weeks max

Jm0311

Reaction score
ITR000 said:
FairTaxNow said:

Well I have been using DNC for about 3-4 weeks now and the shedding is still occurring, as mentioned, this is odd since prior to the Spectral I was on generic 2% minoxidil for over 4 months without nearly this amount of shed.

I will stick with the DNC until the bottle is done, which if all remains consistent will be another 1.5 - 2 weeks max

Maybe the shed means you are reacting well to the DNC? sorry i do not use minoxidil but i heard shedding could be a good thing. you should stick through this and maybe another bottle to be sure