shedding w/o noticing

dek

Reaction score
Has anyone ever gone through a shed without noticing an actual increase in the fallen hairs that they see? Everyone seems to have a numerical estimate to how many hairs they see when brushing, showering, etc. then they see an obvious increase when they shed. I've been on proscar for nine months now and I just started thinking that my hair is really starting to look like sh*t...but I havent really noticed an increase in loss...so I was just wondering if anyone else ever had a shed kind of sneak up on them like that. Thanks a lot to any responders

Goingat20

Reaction score
hey dek, my hair tends to get worse at times without me noticing increased hair loss or shedding. Its weird so i know what you mean

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
People probably only notice the shedding ammount if their hair is longer. If you keep your hair short many of the shed hairs can just blow away. Longer hairs stick to hands, combs, clothes alot more readily than shorter ones

Rocki

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. Started Fins back in December with a Norwood 3 and nothing happened for 6 months. Just got a hair cut last week and got a nasty surprise. Now I look like I have Norwood 3.5v. :( Didn't notice any major shedding during the past 6 months but my head sure shows it.

tchehov

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have this problem too - never noticed the hair shedding until the gaps opened up on my crown. I have exceptionally fine hair, almost invisible individually, but I'm kicking myself for missing the sheds. You can get a nasty shock. I think one of the other members signatures reads 'eternal vigilance'. That says it all.